Bigger than bigger
The ASI128MC Pro camera integrates the Sony IMX128 full-frame sensor (36 mm x 24 mm). It is ZWO’s full-frame cooled camera, has 6032 x 4032 pixels, and supports BIN2, BIN3, BIN4 mode. The pixel size is 5.97 μm x 5.97 μm. This camera provides 14bit ADC and its full well is 76000e.
DDR Memory Buffer
ASI128 Pro camera includes a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer to help improve data transfer reliability. Additionally, the use of a memory buffer minimizes amp-glow, which is caused by the slow transfer speeds when the camera is used with a USB 2.0 port.
DDR memory buffer is the main difference between ASI “Cool” and “Pro” cameras.
ASI128 Pro offers very good performance for astrophotography. Low read noise, high dynamic range, QE peak 53%, AR protective window and much more.
IMX128 vs. KAI-11002
Compared to old fill frame CCD sensors such as the KAI-11002, the IMX128 has higher resolution, higher QE with lower read noise and faster FPS.
Unique Tilt Adapter
ASI128 Pro includes unique tilt adapter. Say goodbye to tilt problems forever !
USB 3.0 Port & USB2.0 HUB
USB 3.0 Port: can provide 5Gb bandwidth to let ASI128 Pro run at 7 fps (14bit, normal mode) or 10 fps (10bit, high speed mode) at full resolution(24Mega).
ASI128 Pro camera has one full frame sensor, so the power consumption (650mA@5V) is much higher than other cameras. But USB3.0 can provide 1000mA current, so ASI128 Pro can run standalone under USB3.0 host, it doesn’t need external power supply.
USB 2.0 HUB: can connect with various accessories, such as filter wheel, guide camera and electronic focuser, so you can manage your cable better with USB2.0 hub. There are 2 short 0.5m USB2.0 cable come with ASI128 Pro. the power of hub source from external power supply if you connect it.
Cooling and Anti-Dew Heater
ASI128 Pro has a two-stage TEC cooling system that allows deep cooling (30°C-35°C below ambient). You will need an external power supply to power the cooler. An AC-DC power adapter is not included in this package, however you can order one from here.
You need to connect the external 12v power supply if you connect the camera to USB 2.0 host which can only provide 500ma current.
Recommended cooler power supply: 12V @ 3-5A (or more) DC adapter (2.1×5.5mm, center pole positive). Also suitable: DC battery with 9-15V.
The anti-dew heater can heat the protect window to avoid any dew problem happens, the heat power is around 3.6W and can be turn off in software to save power.
- M48-M48 16.5MM extender
- M54-M48 21MM extender
- Reducer or Flat lens
What is in the box?
ASI128 Pro box includes all necessary cables, adapters, and manuals.
Notice：Cooled cameras need a 12v power adapter, If you don’t have one, please click this link to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standard for different contury, please choose it carefully.
The best solution of 55mm back focus length
Read more: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/faq/best-back-focus-length-solutions-55mm.html
Drivers and Softwares:
Our website has newest camera drivers and many DSO and Planetary capture softwares. Please make sure the newest driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
Sensor: SONY IMX128 CMOS
Resolution: 24Mega Pixels 6032X4032
Pixel Size: 5.97µm
Bayer Pattern: RGGB
Max FPS at full resolution :7FPS
Exposure Range: 64µs-2000s
Read Noise: 2.5e @24db gain
QE peak: 53%
Full well: 76ke
DDRIII Buffer: 256MB
Protect window:AR window
Dimensions: 86mm Diameter
Back Focus Distance: 17.5mm
Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
Delta T: 30-35°C below ambient
Camera Power consumption: 650mA at 5V
Cooler Power consumption: 12V at 3A Max
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
more resolutions are in software, support customize resolution.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 299USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 299USD) : $20.00
- Free Shipping(amount < 299USD) (Air Mail, 3-4 weeks) (Free)
If you can’t get the air mail package after 4 weeks, please let us know ASAP: email@example.com
- Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, TNT, EMS etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package in one week. We provide free fast shipping for order ≧ $299 or charge extra $20 for order < $299.
- Free Shipping: we will ship via DGM or China Post Registered Air Mail. It usually costs 2-3 weeks to reach US or Europe and costs 3-4 weeks to reach far places.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the name of your company.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers areliable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis. We do not provide any replacement unless ZWO confirmed the product is DOA (Dead On Arrival).
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement. If we confirm you can get a replacement, goods must be returned with all accessories, instructions, etc and must be suitably packed.
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.