- Most famous sensor of Sony
- APS-C(1.8″) Diagonal 28.4mm
- 16M Pixel (4944×3284)
- Very low read noise: 2.3e @24db gain 3.3e @lowest gain
- 14Bit ADC: provide real 14bit Dynamic range
- Electronic shutter: no vibration problem with mechanical shutter
DDR Memory Buffer
ASI071MC Pro camera includes a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer to help improve data transfer reliability. Additionally, the use of a memory buffer minimizes amp-glow, which is caused by the slow transfer speeds when the camera is used with a USB 2.0 port.
DDR memory buffer is the main difference between ASI “Cool” and “Pro” cameras.
ASI071MC Pro offers very good performance for astrophotography. Low read noise, high dynamic range.
the Dark Current of ASI071MC Pro is better controled than before with the help of DDR buffer and new improvment of hardware design
Please check this 300s dark frame free of amp-glow:Here
We suppose the QE peak value is more than 50%.
Relative QE curve
Unique Tilt Adapter
ASI071 Pro includes unique tilt adapter. Say goodbye to tilt problems forever !
USB 3.0 Port & USB2.0 HUB
USB 3.0 Port: Provide 5Gb bandwidth to make it possible for ASI071MC Pro to run at 10 fps (14bit, normal mode) at full resolution(16Mega).
USB 2.0 HUB: Can connect with various accessories, including a filter wheel, guide camera or electronic focuser, allowing you to manage your cables better. There are two short 0.5m USB2.0 cables included with the ASI071 Pro. The hub is powered by the external power supply if you connect one.
New mechnical design and Anti-Dew Heater
The ASI071MC-PRO camera comes with a completely upgraded anti-dew and mechanical body.
The diameter of the camera body is incresed to 86mm (ASI071MC-Cool is 78mm).
▶6 screws seal the chamber
This new structure seal the CMOS chamber better.
▶anti-dew and cooling system
ASI071MC Pro has a two-stage TEC cooling system that allows deep cooling (35°C-40°C below ambient). You will need an external power supply to power the cooler. An AC-DC power adapter is not included in this package, however you can order one from here.
We recommend using a 12V/3-5A or more DC adapter for cooler power supply (2.1×5.5, center positive).
Using a battery with 9-15V is also suitable for the cooler power supply.
The anti-dew heater will heat the AR protect window to avoid any dew problems. The heat anti-dew heater power is around 3.6W and can be turn off in software to save power.
- 2”Filter (optional)
- EOS-T2 adapter
- M42 to M48 extender 16.5mm
- M42 extender 21mm
- Focal reducer
What is in the box?
ASI071MC Pro box includes all necessary cables, adapters, and manuals.
Notice：Cooled cameras need a 12v power adapter, If you don’t have one, please click this link to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standard for different contury, please choose it carefully.
The best solution of 55mm back focus length
Read more: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/tutorials/best-back-focus-length-solutions-55mm.html
Drivers and Softwares:
Our website has newest camera drivers and many DSO and Planetary capture softwares. Please make sure the newest driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
M13 by Jesus Magdalena
Imaging telescope or lens: SkyWatcher ED120 Black Diamond
Imaging camera: ZWO Optical ASI071
Guiding camera: ZWO ASI 174MM
Focal reducer: TS 0.79x
Filter: Huetech IDAS LPS D1
Dates: June 12, 2017
Frames: 36×300″ -10C
Integration: 3.0 hours
M31 by Tolga
Imaging telescope or lens: Vixen VSD 100 f/3.8
Imaging camera: ZWO ASI071MC-Cool
Mount: Advanced VX
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS6, Software Bisque Sky X Pro, PixInsight 1.8
Dates: Oct. 9, 2016
Integration: 2.9 hours
Antares in the Cloud of Rho Ophiuchi by Adam Jesionkiewicz
Imaging telescope or lens: William Optics Star 71 f/4.9 Astrograph
Imaging camera: ZWO ASI071MC-Cool
Mount: iOptron CEM25-EC
Dates: May 2, 2017
Integration: 3.3 hours
Sensor: SONY IMX071 CMOS
Resolution: 16Mega Pixels 4944X3284
Pixel Size: 4.78µm
Bayer Pattern: RGGB
Max FPS at full resolution :10FPS
Exposure Range: 64µs-2000s
Read Noise: 2.3-3.3e
QE peak: TBD
Full well: 46ke
DDRIII Buffer: 256MB
Non-volatile memory/On camera storage: Build-in total 192K byte user-accessible space(image size up to 480X320)
Protect window:AR window
Dimensions: 86mm Diameter
Back Focus Distance: 17.5mm
Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
Delta T: 35°C-40°C below ambient
Cooler Power consumption: 12V at 3A Max
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
more resolutions are user defined
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 299USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 299USD) : $20.00
- Free Shipping(amount < 299USD) (Air Mail, 3-4 weeks) (Free)
If you can’t get the air mail package after 4 weeks, please let us know ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, TNT, EMS etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package in one week. We provide free fast shipping for order ≧ $299 or charge extra $20 for order < $299.
- Free Shipping: we will ship via DGM or China Post Registered Air Mail. It usually costs 2-3 weeks to reach US or Europe and costs 3-4 weeks to reach far places.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the name of your company.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis. We do not provide any replacement unless ZWO confirmed the product is DOA (Dead On Arrival).
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement. If we confirm you can get a replacement, goods must be returned with all accessories, instructions, etc and must be suitably packed.
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: email@example.com. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.