Please notice that all cameras with cooler need to be connected to an external 11-14v power supply to work.
The ASI071MC Pro is a popular OSC camera based on the highly appreciated sensor from Sony – the IMX071 – in APS-C format. A good set of specifications combined with a good price makes it a great choice for those who want to take the step from DSLR to a dedicated astronomy camera. Some of the highlights include:
- APS-C format (28.4 mm diagonal) with 4.78 um pixel size – ideal for many types of telescopes
- 14-bit ADC– giving high dynamic range of 14 stops
- A high 46ke- full well capacity – helping to reduce the issue of for example saturated stars
- 16-megapixel sensor with 4944*3284pixels – plenty of detail can be captured in high resolution
- Electronic shutter– no vibration problems compared to a mechanical shutter
- Very low read noise of 2.3 e-at 24 dB gain – bringing out more details in your images with improved dynamic range
If you are looking for an APS-C type OSC camera for astrophotography, you can’t go wrong with the ASI071MC Pro. It will provide low read noise and a high dynamic range.
DDR Memory Buffer
ASI071MC Pro camera includes a 256MB DDR3 memory buffer to help improve data transfer reliability. Additionally, the use of a memory buffer minimizes amp-glow, which is caused by the slow transfer speeds when the camera is used with a USB 2.0 port.
DDR memory buffer is the main difference between ASI “Cool” and “Pro” cameras.
ASI071MC Pro offers very good performance for astrophotography. Low read noise, high dynamic range.
The Dark Current of ASI071MC Pro is better controlled than before with the help of a DDR buffer and new improved hardware design.
Please check this 300s dark frame free of amp-glow: Here
We suppose the QE peak value is more than 50%.
Relative QE curve
Unique Tilt Adapter
ASI071 Pro includes unique tilt adapter. Say goodbye to tilt problems forever !
USB 3.0 Port & USB2.0 HUB
USB 3.0 Port: Provide 5Gb bandwidth to make it possible for ASI071MC Pro to run at 10 fps (14bit, normal mode) at full resolution(16Mega).
USB 2.0 HUB: Can connect with various accessories, including a filter wheel, guide camera or electronic focuser, allowing you to manage your cables better. There are two short 0.5m USB2.0 cables included with the ASI071 Pro. The hub is powered by the external power supply if you connect one.
New mechnical design and Anti-Dew Heater
The ASI071MC-PRO camera comes with a completely upgraded anti-dew and mechanical body.
The diameter of the camera body is increased to 86mm compared to the ASI071MC Cool (78mm).
▶6 screws seal the chamber
This new structure seal the CMOS chamber better.
▶Anti-dew and cooling system
Thanks to the two-stage TEC cooling, ASI071MC Pro can lower the CMOS sensor temperature to more than 35-40 degrees Celsius below ambient temperature, which can greatly reduce dark current generation and sensor noise even during extended exposure times.
*The Delta T 35-40℃ is tested at 30℃ ambient temperature. It might get down when the cooling system is working for a long time. Also, as the ambient temperature falls, the Delta T would also decrease.
Please notice that the camera needs to be connected to an external 11-15v power supply to implement the cooling function. We recommend you use 12V@3A DC adapter (5.5*2.1mm, center pole positive) or lithium battery with 11-15V to power the camera. If you don’t have one, please click here to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standards for different countries, please make sure you selected the correct adapter when placing the order.
The anti-dew heater will heat the AR protect window to avoid any dew problems. The heat anti-dew heater power is around 3.6W and can be turn off in software to save power.
- 2”Filter (optional)
- EOS-T2 adapter
- M42 to M48 extender 16.5mm
- M42 extender 21mm
- Focal reducer
What is in the box?
ASI071MC Pro box includes all necessary cables, adapters, and manuals.
The best solution of 55mm back focus length
Read more: https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/tutorials/best-back-focus-length-solutions-55mm
Please notice that the camera needs to be connected to an external DC 12V @3A~5A power supply adapter for use (connector 5.5*2.1mm, center pole positive). If you don’t have one, click here to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standards for different countries, make sure you selected the correct adapter when placing the order.
Or you can also use lithium battery with 11-15V to power the camera.
Just be aware that power supplies out of this range might cause irreversible damages to your camera.
M13 by Jesus Magdalena
Imaging telescope or lens: SkyWatcher ED120 Black Diamond
Imaging camera: ZWO Optical ASI071
Guiding camera: ZWO ASI 174MM
Focal reducer: TS 0.79x
Filter: Huetech IDAS LPS D1
Dates: June 12, 2017
Frames: 36×300″ -10C
Integration: 3.0 hours
M31 by Tolga
Imaging telescope or lens: Vixen VSD 100 f/3.8
Imaging camera: ZWO ASI071MC-Cool
Mount: Advanced VX
Software: Adobe Photoshop CS6, Software Bisque Sky X Pro, PixInsight 1.8
Dates: Oct. 9, 2016
Integration: 2.9 hours
Antares in the Cloud of Rho Ophiuchi by Adam Jesionkiewicz
Imaging telescope or lens: William Optics Star 71 f/4.9 Astrograph
Imaging camera: ZWO ASI071MC-Cool
Mount: iOptron CEM25-EC
Dates: May 2, 2017
Integration: 3.3 hours
Sensor: SONY IMX071 CMOS
Resolution: 16Mega Pixels 4944X3284
Pixel Size: 4.78µm
Bayer Pattern: RGGB
Max FPS at full resolution :10FPS
Exposure Range: 64µs-2000s
Read Noise: 2.3-3.3e
QE peak: TBD
Full well: 46ke
DDRIII Buffer: 256MB
Non-volatile memory/On camera storage: Build-in total 192K byte user-accessible space(image size up to 480X320)
Protect window:AR window
Dimensions: 86mm Diameter
Back Focus Distance: 17.5mm
Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
Delta T: 35°C-40°C below ambient
Cooler Power consumption: 12V at 3A Max
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
more resolutions are user defined
Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 15-20 days.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $30.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
- It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure. If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: email@example.com
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras from local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
1. ZWO hereby declares that it will provide customers with a warranty period of 2 years for ZWO branded products (excluding APO), as per this policy. APO products will be covered by a 1-year free warranty service, starting from the day following the receipt of the product by the customer. For ASIAIR Plus users, the warranty period will commence from the day of device activation.
2. If a User encounters the following Dead on Arrival (DOA) and contacts ZWO within the corresponding time limit to issue the Product purchase invoice and relevant evidence, ZWO will provide door-to-door pick-up service and, as appropriate, after-sale replacement (or partial replacement), repair or return (or partial return) service for the following Products:
1) Product quality problem
Provided that a User detects a quality problem and contacts ZWO within 30 days after receipt of the Products, and ZWO support team confirms that the Products indeed have a quality problem or defect after their inspection, ZWO will provide free replacement service towards such Products;
2) Product transportation problem
Provided that a User finds obvious signs of bubbling, serious overstocking, or deformation on the outer package of the Products upon receipt of the Products, and provides ZWO with pictures of the outer package and proof of receipt within 3 days after receipt of such Products, ZWO support team will verify the actual shipper and determine the responsible party for such transportation problem. In the event that ZWO is the actual shipper, ZWO will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service, however, if the Products are directly sold or transported to the User by an agent of ZWO, the agent will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service.
3. If the Products are under the following circumstances, they are not within the scope of warranty service, ZWO may provide maintenance services to the Users:
1) The Warranty Period of the Products has expired; or
2) The Products are injected into liquid or affected by moisture or corrosion; or
3) The Products are damaged by an external force (such as the broken of the camera protection window glass, the deformation of the product shell, the broken of the USB port, etc.); or
4) Disassembling, repairing by a third party, refurbishment of the Products (such as downloading erroneous firmware) without the written authorization of ZWO; or
5) The product system is modified, or the maintenance notice is lost or changed; or
6) Product quality problem caused by installation not following the requirements or instructions for the Products; or
7) Physical damage or failure of the Products caused by the force majeure (such as strong vibration or extrusion such as flood, fire, earthquake, or thunder stroke); or
8)Damage caused by the improper User operation during the period of shooting or use, such as using without the equipment protection or direct shooting of the sun; or
9) No valid purchase invoice or warranty certificate; or
10) The Products are second-hand products.
Any quality problem with the accessories or other parts of the Products is not a condition for the return or change of the Products, and the User may solely request to replace the accessories with new ones, which shall be handled after verification by ZWO support team.
If the issue with your ZWO product was caused by certain damage (such as severe damage not covered by the 2-year warranty), you might have to pay the replacement value.
4. For the normal repair or replacement of the Products during the Warranty Period, the User will bear the return cost. When returning the Products, Users shall specify the actual reasons for the damage to the Products, and shall provide the corresponding valid certificates, such as pictures or videos, etc.
For the Products that need to be replaced after being confirmed by ZWO in writing, the User shall return the Products with the complete package, together with all accessories, manuals, etc., to the address designated by ZWO.
By sending back the product to ZWO, the User agrees to pay out-of-warranty fees that may arise during the repair process of the product. ZWO will send back the product after charging.
5. If a User encounters any problem during the use of ZWO Products, you may at any time contact ZWO for technical support via ZWO Support.
For the Products that need to be returned for after-sales service, ZWO will provide the corresponding RMA code for reference.
ZWO will not accept any products having no RMA code that have been returned privately without ZWO written confirmation.
6. If a User purchases the ZWO Products from a ZWO agent, the User may contact the ZWO agent directly for the relevant after-sales service.
Our website is continuously updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent Driver and software have been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.