ASI120 is a very fast and sensitive USB2.0 camera. Up to 30FPS under 1280X960 full resolution! With a peak QE of 75%, beyond ICX618 and with no FPN(Fixed pattern Noise)! Long time exposure supported up to 1000s.
Absolute QE Curve:
What’s in the box?
–ZWO ASI120MC Color 1.2 Mega Pixel Astronomy Camera
–150° Lens Adapter for use as an all-sky camera
–2 m long USB cable
–2 m long ST4 guider cable
- The lens can be screwed in too far, result in a scratch on the protect window! Please adjust it very slowly! Don’t turn it beyond the focus at infinity!
- Full resolution function of the ASI120 requires full 480mbs USB communication!
- Mac OSX may not compatible well. Neither Windows though virtual machine. Windows though Bootcamp is recommended. Or use our ASI120S USB3.0 Cameras which runs well under Mac OSX.
ASI120 cameras have several reviews at world mos popular astronomy magazines. You can read them in PDF documents:
Camera technical details
Sensor: 1/3″ CMOS AR0130CS(Color) / MT9M034(mono)
Resolution: 1.2Mega Pixels 1280×960
Pixel Size: 3.75µm
Exposure Range: 64µs-1000s
Bit rate: 12bit output(12bit ADC)
Adaptor: 2″ / 1.25″ / M42X0.75
Dimension: φ62mm X 28mm
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
Camera binning options
Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 15-20 days.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $30.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
- It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure. If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: email@example.com
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
1. ZWO hereby declares that it will provide customers with a warranty period of 2 years for ZWO branded products (excluding APO), as per this policy. APO products will be covered by a 1-year free warranty service, starting from the day following the receipt of the product by the customer. For ASIAIR Plus users, the warranty period will commence from the day of device activation.
Furthermore, ZWO will offer customers a 1-year free warranty service (Warranty Period) for Seestar branded products purchased from ZWO, in accordance with this policy. The warranty period will begin from the day following the receipt of the product by the customer.
2. If a User encounters the following Dead on Arrival (DOA) and contacts ZWO within the corresponding time limit to issue the Product purchase invoice and relevant evidence, ZWO will provide door-to-door pick-up service and, as appropriate, after-sale replacement (or partial replacement), repair or return (or partial return) service for the following Products:
1) Product quality problem
Provided that a User detects a quality problem and contacts ZWO within 30 days after receipt of the Products, and ZWO support team confirms that the Products indeed have a quality problem or defect after their inspection, ZWO will provide free replacement service towards such Products;
2) Product transportation problem
Provided that a User finds obvious signs of bubbling, serious overstocking, or deformation on the outer package of the Products upon receipt of the Products, and provides ZWO with pictures of the outer package and proof of receipt within 3 days after receipt of such Products, ZWO support team will verify the actual shipper and determine the responsible party for such transportation problem. In the event that ZWO is the actual shipper, ZWO will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service, however, if the Products are directly sold or transported to the User by an agent of ZWO, the agent will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service.
3. If the Products are under the following circumstances, they are not within the scope of warranty service, ZWO may provide maintenance services to the Users:
1) The Warranty Period of the Products has expired; or
2) The Products are injected into liquid or affected by moisture or corrosion; or
3) The Products are damaged by an external force (such as the broken of the camera protection window glass, the deformation of the product shell, the broken of the USB port, etc.); or
4) Disassembling, repairing by a third party, refurbishment of the Products (such as downloading erroneous firmware) without the written authorization of ZWO; or
5) The product system is modified, or the maintenance notice is lost or changed; or
6) Product quality problem caused by installation not following the requirements or instructions for the Products; or
7) Physical damage or failure of the Products caused by the force majeure (such as strong vibration or extrusion such as flood, fire, earthquake, or thunder stroke); or
8)Damage caused by the improper User operation during the period of shooting or use, such as using without the equipment protection or direct shooting of the sun; or
9) No valid purchase invoice or warranty certificate; or
10) The Products are second-hand products.
Any quality problem with the accessories or other parts of the Products is not a condition for the return or change of the Products, and the User may solely request to replace the accessories with new ones, which shall be handled after verification by ZWO support team.
If the issue with your ZWO product was caused by certain damage (such as severe damage not covered by the 2-year warranty), you might have to pay the replacement value.
4. For the normal repair or replacement of the Products during the Warranty Period, the User will bear the return cost. When returning the Products, Users shall specify the actual reasons for the damage to the Products, and shall provide the corresponding valid certificates, such as pictures or videos, etc.
For the Products that need to be replaced after being confirmed by ZWO in writing, the User shall return the Products with the complete package, together with all accessories, manuals, etc., to the address designated by ZWO.
By sending back the product to ZWO, the User agrees to pay out-of-warranty fees that may arise during the repair process of the product. ZWO will send back the product after charging.
5. If a User encounters any problem during the use of ZWO Products, you may at any time contact ZWO for technical support via ZWO Support.
For the Products that need to be returned for after-sales service, ZWO will provide the corresponding RMA code for reference.
ZWO will not accept any products having no RMA code that have been returned privately without ZWO written confirmation.
6. If a User purchases the ZWO Products from a ZWO agent, the User may contact the ZWO agent directly for the relevant after-sales service.
Our website is continuously updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent Driver and software have been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.
Will Luce – :
Hi, I’ve just bought this camera, 3 questions.
I want to use it as autoguider, What accessory I need to attach to a finderscope celestron 9×50?
Can I use the camera with a MacBook Pro?
Any othe finderscope that is plug and play with this camera?
Sean Wang – :
I think celestron 9*50 can’t easy to use as a guide scope, because it have suitable thread and adapter，such as 1.25″ holder.
We recommend to use our guidescope, 60280 or miniscope for guiding.
You can use PHD on your Macbook pro for guiding.
Dave Myhill – :
What is the latest firmware for my ZWO ASI 120mc & where can I find it please?
Also, I am having issues running the camera through a usb hub. I only have 2 usb ports on my laptop, My QHY camera’s work fine – only this ZWO does not, Ive tried dfferent hubs and the camera isn’t picked up.It works fine if connecteddirectly but not via a hub – powered or unpowered. FYI – its the usb 2.0 version.
Sean Wang – :
Larry Day – :
what is the recommended computer to run a asi120mc?
Sean Wang – :
We don’t have any computer configuration require for 120mc. even very low configuration can run the camera.
Bill Emrich – :
Is there anyway to have wireless control ZWO cameras? I was wondering about using something like Simulation Curriculum Corp. SkyBT bluetooth dongle along with appropriate connection converters to control the camera. I don’t know if this would work and it would be a bit clunky even if it does. There may be better ways to get wireless control of the cameras out there so mainly just looking for ideas.
Sam Wen – :
we will add it to our TODO list
Tareq Alhamrani – :
I installed the latest driver on my laptop for ASI120MC, but when i plug the camera to the laptop it didn’t work, i have only 2x USB3.0 working [my laptop is Dell Inspiron N5110 and has 3 USB ports, 1 of them i USB2.0 and it is not working on my laptop], so i use only USB3.0 to connect the camera and not working, i have another computer [desktop] and plug/connect it to USB3.0 it works fine, what’s wrong on my laptop?
Both computers the laptop and desktop running under Windows 10, i have no problem on Windows 7 of any computer, only this laptop, i formatted it and reinstalled Windows 10 for clean free issue, but still the camera connected didn’t work, i used SharpCap.
Sam Wen – :
this should be hardware compatible issue
you’b better use the PC which works with the camera
Hans – :
Hello Sam, I never had this before. But now I always habe “Aufnahmefehler” when using my ASI 120MC. Tuning the USB down to 40 has no effect on the error. I use Firecapture 2.5 64 bit and your latest common ASI driver. Can you please help me.
Sean Wang – :
Aufnahmefehler is not found in dictionary 🙂 Could you explain for us. We are glad to help.
Sam Wen – :
we will reply you in email
predel – :
Hi, do you sell an AR protect window for the newest asi120 version?
Sam Wen – :
yes, this is the one
Chris – :
It was with the Sharp Cap software. Also Is there a more detailed instruction guide on how to use the camera? As when I try to put the camera into where the eyepieces usually go the little screw prevents it from going all the way in unless I unscrew the lens and attach the 1.25inc thread it then fits perfectly fine but cannot pick up an image.
Sam Wen – :
just have a look of our ASI120 manual