ASI120 camera integrates AR0130CS 1/3″ sensor (4.8 mm x 3.6 mm). This camera has 1280 x 960 pixels. The pixel size is 3.75 μm x 3.75 μm. This camera provides 12bit ADC.
ASI120S is a lightning-fast and sensitive USB3.0 camera. Up to 60FPS under 1280X960 full resolution! With a peak QE almost 80%, beyond ICX618 and with no FPN(Fixed pattern Noise)! Long exposure supported up to 2000s! Full compatible with USB 2.0 USB Host!
Regarding the absolute QE Curve, we estimate the Peak Value to be almost 80%.
USB 3.0 Port & ST4 Port
USB 3.0 Port: Can provide 5Gb bandwidth to let ASI120S run at 60 fps (10bit, high speed mode) at full resolution(1.2Mega).
ST4 Port: Can be used connect with auto guide port of mount, for guiding.
What is in the box?
Camera technical details
Sensor: 1/3″ CMOS AR0130CS(Mono)
Resolution: 1.2Mega Pixels 1280×960
Pixel Size: 3.75µm
Exposure Range: 64µs-2000s
Non-volatile memory/On camera storage: Build-in total 192K byte user-accessible space(image size up to 480X320)
Bit rate: 12bit output
Adaptor: 2″ / 1.25″ / M42X0.75
Dimension: φ62mm X 28mm
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
*Tested under USB3.0 port without overclocking. There is an option to overclock 30% of the current fps
Our website is continuously updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent Driver and software have been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.
Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 15-20 days.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $30.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
- It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure. If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: email@example.com
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
1. ZWO will provide a 2-year free warranty service (Warranty Period) for ZWO products purchased by Users from ZWO (“Products”) in accordance with this Policy, commencing on the day following receipt of the Products by Users. For ASIAIR Plus users, commencing on the day of device activation.
2. If a User encounters the following Dead on Arrival (DOA) and contacts ZWO within the corresponding time limit to issue the Product purchase invoice and relevant evidence, ZWO will provide door-to-door pick-up service and, as appropriate, after-sale replacement (or partial replacement), repair or return (or partial return) service for the following Products:
1) Product quality problem
Provided that a User detects a quality problem and contacts ZWO within 30 days after receipt of the Products, and ZWO support team confirms that the Products indeed have a quality problem or defect after their inspection, ZWO will provide free replacement service towards such Products;
2) Product transportation problem
Provided that a User finds obvious signs of bubbling, serious overstocking, or deformation on the outer package of the Products upon receipt of the Products, and provides ZWO with pictures of the outer package and proof of receipt within 3 days after receipt of such Products, ZWO support team will verify the actual shipper and determine the responsible party for such transportation problem. In the event that ZWO is the actual shipper, ZWO will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service, however, if the Products are directly sold or transported to the User by an agent of ZWO, the agent will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service.
3. If the Products are under the following circumstances, they are not within the scope of warranty service, ZWO may provide maintenance services to the Users:
1) The Warranty Period of the Products has expired; or
2) The Products are injected into liquid or affected by moisture or corrosion; or
3) The Products are damaged by an external force (such as the broken of the camera protection window glass, the deformation of the product shell, the broken of the USB port, etc.); or
4) Disassembling, repairing by a third party, refurbishment of the Products (such as downloading erroneous firmware) without the written authorization of ZWO; or
5) The product system is modified, or the maintenance notice is lost or changed; or
6) Product quality problem caused by installation not following the requirements or instructions for the Products; or
7) Physical damage or failure of the Products caused by the force majeure (such as strong vibration or extrusion such as flood, fire, earthquake, or thunder stroke); or
8)Damage caused by the improper User operation during the period of shooting or use, such as using without the equipment protection or direct shooting of the sun; or
9) No valid purchase invoice or warranty certificate; or
10) The Products are second-hand products.
Any quality problem with the accessories or other parts of the Products is not a condition for the return or change of the Products, and the User may solely request to replace the accessories with new ones, which shall be handled after verification by ZWO support team.
If the issue with your ZWO product was caused by certain damage (such as severe damage not covered by the 2-year warranty), you might have to pay the replacement value.
4. For the normal repair or replacement of the Products during the Warranty Period, the User will bear the return cost. When returning the Products, Users shall specify the actual reasons for the damage to the Products, and shall provide the corresponding valid certificates, such as pictures or videos, etc.
For the Products that need to be replaced after being confirmed by ZWO in writing, the User shall return the Products with the complete package, together with all accessories, manuals, etc., to the address designated by ZWO.
By sending back the product to ZWO, the User agrees to pay out-of-warranty fees that may arise during the repair process of the product. ZWO will send back the product after charging.
5. If a User encounters any problem during the use of ZWO Products, you may at any time contact ZWO for technical support via ZWO Support.
For the Products that need to be returned for after-sales service, ZWO will provide the corresponding RMA code for reference.
ZWO will not accept any products having no RMA code that have been returned privately without ZWO written confirmation.
6. If a User purchases the ZWO Products from a ZWO agent, the User may contact the ZWO agent directly for the relevant after-sales service.
Ronald Brown – :
Hi ZWO folks. My name is Ron. I have a ZWO ASI120MC-S color camera. My All Sky 150deg lens had a hair inside that was showing on my photos. I could see it from the bottom of the lens. So I took it apart to remove the hair, and when I took the retainer ring off all these lenses and spacers fell out. I did not realize there so many parts. I generally have no problem cleaning my eyepieces and lenses. But I do not know the order they go back. I tried a number of sequences, but there are too many possibilities. If you could email me a spec sheet showing the order they go back into the housing, I would really appreciate it. I am very happy with this camera, other than the hair in the All Sky lens. Thanks -RON-
sara.liu – :
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Makena (verified owner) – :
I’ve got the ASI120MM-S and the ZWO 30F4 Scope. When I place the camera in the Scope and tighten down the thumb screws, the image has a massive vignette (~80% of the window in PHD2) where I see the inner tube and a circle of light. Any ideas? New to this tech.
sara.liu – :
Please use ASI120MM-S with the lens to take a photo, if everything is oK, then there maybe something wrong with the 30F4.
Theo – :
I purchased the ASI120MM-s Do i need anything additional for my Celestron Nexstar 4se? The instructions are not very clear I try to fit my camera with the telescope and is like something is missing. Thanks in advance..
sara.liu – :
I think this quick guide will be helpful to you:https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com/manuals/QuickGuide.pdf
Hipoh – :
Is the chip used in ASI 120MM-S a backside illuminated?
sara.liu – :
No, it’s not.
Sandy – :
Hi, can this be used with the mini 5 position filter wheel?
Support@ZWO – :
Harald Stauss – :
I purchased the ASI120mm-S for guiding. I realized that I get bloated stars in PHD2 even after focusing correctly. Do I need to add an UV/IR cut filter? Which one do you recommend?
Support@ZWO – :
Do you use zwo OAG or guide scope?
otto102 (verified owner) – :
Is there a preferred method of attaching the ASI120MM-S to the ZWO 50mm guide scope – I just realized I can screw the 120MM-S directly onto the guide scope using the M42 threads and not the nose piece. Can I then just use the 50mm scope to fine tune my focus without having to slide the 120MM-S back and forth? Not sure how this plays into the back focus?
Support@ZWO – :
directly onto the guide scope and try to adjust the scope
David – :
Hello, can this camera be used as a guide camera with the ASIAIR PRO? Can it be plugged in to the USB 2.0 port so I can use USB 3.0 for main camera and thumb drive?
Support@ZWO – :
can this camera be used as a guide camera with the ASIAIR PRO=>Yes
Can it be plugged in to the USB 2.0 port so I can use USB 3.0 for main camera and thumb drive?=>Yes,both usb2.0 and 3.0 works