ASI1600 build in 12bit ADC but can provide 12.5 stops dynamic range which is even better than KAF8300 due to its super low read noise.
USB 3.0 Port & ST4 Port
USB 3.0 Port: can provide 5Gb bandwidth to let ASI1600 run at 14.7 fps (12bit, normal mode) or 23 fps (10bit, high speed mode) at full resolution(16Mega).
ST4 Port: can be used connect with auto guide port of mount, for guiding.
After remove T2 11mm ring, back focus length will be only 6.5mm.
What is in the box?
Drivers and Softwares:
Our website has newest camera drivers and many DSO and Planetary capture softwares. Please make sure the newest driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
Camera technical details
Sensor: 4/3″ CMOS
Resolution: 16Mega Pixels 4656×3520
Pixel Size: 3.8µm
Max FPS at full resolution :23FPS
Exposure Range: 32µs-2000s
Non-volatile memory/On camera storage: Build-in total 192K byte user-accessible space(image size up to 480X320)
Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
QE peak: TBD
Full well: 20ke
Adaptor: 2″ / 1.25″ / M42X0.75
Protect window:AR window
Dimensions: φ62mm X 41mm
Back Focus Distance: 6.5mm
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
more resolutions are user defined
Our website is continuously updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent Driver and software have been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.
Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 15-20 days.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $30.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
- It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure. If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
1. ZWO hereby declares that it will provide customers with a warranty period of 2 years for ZWO branded products (excluding APO), as per this policy. APO products will be covered by a 1-year free warranty service, starting from the day following the receipt of the product by the customer. For ASIAIR Plus users, the warranty period will commence from the day of device activation.
Furthermore, ZWO will offer customers a 1-year free warranty service (Warranty Period) for Seestar branded products purchased from ZWO, in accordance with this policy. The warranty period will begin from the day following the receipt of the product by the customer.
2. If a User encounters the following Dead on Arrival (DOA) and contacts ZWO within the corresponding time limit to issue the Product purchase invoice and relevant evidence, ZWO will provide door-to-door pick-up service and, as appropriate, after-sale replacement (or partial replacement), repair or return (or partial return) service for the following Products:
1) Product quality problem
Provided that a User detects a quality problem and contacts ZWO within 30 days after receipt of the Products, and ZWO support team confirms that the Products indeed have a quality problem or defect after their inspection, ZWO will provide free replacement service towards such Products;
2) Product transportation problem
Provided that a User finds obvious signs of bubbling, serious overstocking, or deformation on the outer package of the Products upon receipt of the Products, and provides ZWO with pictures of the outer package and proof of receipt within 3 days after receipt of such Products, ZWO support team will verify the actual shipper and determine the responsible party for such transportation problem. In the event that ZWO is the actual shipper, ZWO will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service, however, if the Products are directly sold or transported to the User by an agent of ZWO, the agent will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service.
3. If the Products are under the following circumstances, they are not within the scope of warranty service, ZWO may provide maintenance services to the Users:
1) The Warranty Period of the Products has expired; or
2) The Products are injected into liquid or affected by moisture or corrosion; or
3) The Products are damaged by an external force (such as the broken of the camera protection window glass, the deformation of the product shell, the broken of the USB port, etc.); or
4) Disassembling, repairing by a third party, refurbishment of the Products (such as downloading erroneous firmware) without the written authorization of ZWO; or
5) The product system is modified, or the maintenance notice is lost or changed; or
6) Product quality problem caused by installation not following the requirements or instructions for the Products; or
7) Physical damage or failure of the Products caused by the force majeure (such as strong vibration or extrusion such as flood, fire, earthquake, or thunder stroke); or
8)Damage caused by the improper User operation during the period of shooting or use, such as using without the equipment protection or direct shooting of the sun; or
9) No valid purchase invoice or warranty certificate; or
10) The Products are second-hand products.
Any quality problem with the accessories or other parts of the Products is not a condition for the return or change of the Products, and the User may solely request to replace the accessories with new ones, which shall be handled after verification by ZWO support team.
If the issue with your ZWO product was caused by certain damage (such as severe damage not covered by the 2-year warranty), you might have to pay the replacement value.
4. For the normal repair or replacement of the Products during the Warranty Period, the User will bear the return cost. When returning the Products, Users shall specify the actual reasons for the damage to the Products, and shall provide the corresponding valid certificates, such as pictures or videos, etc.
For the Products that need to be replaced after being confirmed by ZWO in writing, the User shall return the Products with the complete package, together with all accessories, manuals, etc., to the address designated by ZWO.
By sending back the product to ZWO, the User agrees to pay out-of-warranty fees that may arise during the repair process of the product. ZWO will send back the product after charging.
5. If a User encounters any problem during the use of ZWO Products, you may at any time contact ZWO for technical support via ZWO Support.
For the Products that need to be returned for after-sales service, ZWO will provide the corresponding RMA code for reference.
ZWO will not accept any products having no RMA code that have been returned privately without ZWO written confirmation.
6. If a User purchases the ZWO Products from a ZWO agent, the User may contact the ZWO agent directly for the relevant after-sales service.
Alexander Patrick Pulliam – :
How well does this image sensor operate below the specified operational range? -5c seems a bit high as far as operational range goes, is that the point at which it becomes completely unusable?
Katherine Tsai – :
We cannot guarantee the performance when ambient temperature is under -5C.
James – :
Does the 1600 support 2×2 hardware binning? If so what would the full frame capture speed be for this application? I would be using this for Ha solar imaging and possibly deep sky imaging. Would the cooled version be recommended?
Katherine Tsai – :
Yes, it does.
I test in my ASICAP, when set bin2,high speed mode with USB speed 100,the frame rate can up to 47fps.
When you do deep sky imaging we recommend you use cooled camera.
viliam – :
Do you know the QE yet?
Sean Wang – :
Andreas – :
I have problem with my 1600 mono cooled. Its very annoying. I use the camera with SharpCap (newest Version 3.0.3956.0). When I make pictures from bright object and stack them afterwards (ex. from the moon or sun) I always have a grid/checkerboard in all images. I know that you released a modified asicamera2.dll for SharpCap that should resolve that problem. But not with my camera. I tried the option “Pattern Adjust” in Sharp Cap with setting 0-4 but it doesn’t help. Pattern Setting 1-4 makes it wors instead of better. Any idea? The camera is not usable with that grid that is always and in any picture. I can send you example pictures if you tell me where I can send them. thank you very much. Andreas
Sam Wen – :
we just extend the range to -2, seems some camera need negative value
please contact us through email and we will let you test the new dll
Alex – :
I want use camera for imaging of old manuscripts, exposure time is not more then 5 sec. But time of session can be 1 hour. Is cooled version better for this?
Sam Wen – :
yes, cooled version is the best for your application
there is difference if you exposure longer than 1s
Ted Goddard (verified owner) – :
Would operating the camera below -5C likely result in damage, or just reduced performance?
Sam Wen – :
no damage, but maybe hardware cannot operate correctly
Mike Scherman – :
Hello, Two questions:
1) what is the sensitivity in mV of the 1600MM?
2) what is better for DSO, the 1600MM or the 178MM. The 178MM has a bit more read noise and slightly less dynamic range than the 1600MM, but it is back-illuminated, 14 bit, and optimized for low light (Starvis). thank you
Sam Wen – :
of course 1600 is better as its 4/3″ format and free of amp-glow
about sensitivity, you only need to care about QE
Johnny – :
Is the ASI 1600M mono and color camera capable of 16 bit imaging? ……or just 10 and 12 bit?
Sam Wen – :
the ADC is 12bit and camera can output 16bit format image
the low 4 bits are 0
Alan – :
So if I understand it well, the temperature of the camera can be set at a predetermined level (up to 40 degrees below ambient) ? So one can have a “library of darks” for future use and not have to do the darks every time ?
Sam Wen – :
yes, you are correct, but it’s better to do it after light frame
Alan Eid – :
I am contemplating buying the 1600. I am a little conflicted between cooled or not cooled. I live in Colorado Springs and image frequently in the mountains of Colorado. So at most the temperature are 45-50 fahrenheit during the summer nights. Most often I am imaging in close to freezing if not subfreezing temperature. It seems to me that the cooling function might not be necessary. I need your opinion.
Sam Wen – :
cooler can help to keep the temperature stable, so it’s better for you to maintain your dark frames and easier to calibrate
Rodrigo – :
Is the camera cooled?
Sam Wen – :
there is cooled version: ASI1600MM-Cool
Robert Dixon – :
Will the 1600mm also be sold as a KIT, with filter wheel and filters?
vanessa Zhang – :
Not now, we may take it into our consideration.