Our brand new ASI174MC CMOS Monochrome Imaging Camera is based on the Sony Exmor IMX174 2.35MP sensor with Pregius global shutter technology.
▶Sony IMX174 CMOS Sensor Features
- The Sony IMX174 monochrome CMOS sensor that separates the ASI174MC from previous ASI models. This type 1/1.2” Sony CMOS image sensor, with a 5.86µm unit pixel in a 1936 x 1216 array, has a lot of advantages when taking high quality solar, lunar, planetary, and deep sky object images.
- Pregius Global Shutter function with analog memory permits the scanning of all pixels simultaneously. The Sony IMX174’s global shutter function provides improved image quality by making sure images of moving objects avoid focal plane distortion. This is especially helpful when performing solar or lunar imaging. Bad seeing, wind, or movement can alter the image if the readout speed is not quick enough (< 30fps).
- Sony Exmor technology uses column-parallel A/D conversion for high speed processing, low noise, and low power dissipation.
- ROI, or Region of Interest Mode lets you capture up to 16 areas inside the effective pixels. This ability allows for even higher frame rates.
- High speed imaging with a max of 164.5 fps at 10 bit ADC, and max of 128.2 fps at 12 bit ADC
USB 3.0 Port & ST4 Port
USB 3.0 Port: can provide 5Gb bandwidth to let ASI174 run at 128 fps (12bit, normal mode) or 164 fps (10bit, high speed mode) at full resolution(2.35Mega).
ST4 Port: can be used connect with auto guide port of mount, for guiding.
After remove T2 11mm ring, back focus length will be only 6.5mm.
What is in the box?
Drivers and Softwares:
Our website has newest camera drivers and many DSO and Planetary capture softwares. Please make sure the newest driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
Camera technical details
Sensor: 1/1.2″ CMOS IMX174LLJ / IMX174LQJ
Resolution: 2.3Mega Pixels 1936×1216
Pixel Size: 5.86µm
Exposure Range: 32µs-300s
Bit rate: 12bit output(12bit ADC)
Adaptor: 2″ / 1.25″ / M42X0.75
Dimension: φ62mm X 41mm
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
Our website is continuously updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent Driver and software have been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.
Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 15-20 days.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $30.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
- It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure. If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
1. ZWO hereby declares that it will provide customers with a warranty period of 2 years for ZWO branded products (excluding APO), as per this policy. APO products will be covered by a 1-year free warranty service, starting from the day following the receipt of the product by the customer. For ASIAIR Plus users, the warranty period will commence from the day of device activation.
Furthermore, ZWO will offer customers a 1-year free warranty service (Warranty Period) for Seestar branded products purchased from ZWO, in accordance with this policy. The warranty period will begin from the day following the receipt of the product by the customer.
2. If a User encounters the following Dead on Arrival (DOA) and contacts ZWO within the corresponding time limit to issue the Product purchase invoice and relevant evidence, ZWO will provide door-to-door pick-up service and, as appropriate, after-sale replacement (or partial replacement), repair or return (or partial return) service for the following Products:
1) Product quality problem
Provided that a User detects a quality problem and contacts ZWO within 30 days after receipt of the Products, and ZWO support team confirms that the Products indeed have a quality problem or defect after their inspection, ZWO will provide free replacement service towards such Products;
2) Product transportation problem
Provided that a User finds obvious signs of bubbling, serious overstocking, or deformation on the outer package of the Products upon receipt of the Products, and provides ZWO with pictures of the outer package and proof of receipt within 3 days after receipt of such Products, ZWO support team will verify the actual shipper and determine the responsible party for such transportation problem. In the event that ZWO is the actual shipper, ZWO will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service, however, if the Products are directly sold or transported to the User by an agent of ZWO, the agent will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service.
3. If the Products are under the following circumstances, they are not within the scope of warranty service, ZWO may provide maintenance services to the Users:
1) The Warranty Period of the Products has expired; or
2) The Products are injected into liquid or affected by moisture or corrosion; or
3) The Products are damaged by an external force (such as the broken of the camera protection window glass, the deformation of the product shell, the broken of the USB port, etc.); or
4) Disassembling, repairing by a third party, refurbishment of the Products (such as downloading erroneous firmware) without the written authorization of ZWO; or
5) The product system is modified, or the maintenance notice is lost or changed; or
6) Product quality problem caused by installation not following the requirements or instructions for the Products; or
7) Physical damage or failure of the Products caused by the force majeure (such as strong vibration or extrusion such as flood, fire, earthquake, or thunder stroke); or
8)Damage caused by the improper User operation during the period of shooting or use, such as using without the equipment protection or direct shooting of the sun; or
9) No valid purchase invoice or warranty certificate; or
10) The Products are second-hand products.
Any quality problem with the accessories or other parts of the Products is not a condition for the return or change of the Products, and the User may solely request to replace the accessories with new ones, which shall be handled after verification by ZWO support team.
If the issue with your ZWO product was caused by certain damage (such as severe damage not covered by the 2-year warranty), you might have to pay the replacement value.
4. For the normal repair or replacement of the Products during the Warranty Period, the User will bear the return cost. When returning the Products, Users shall specify the actual reasons for the damage to the Products, and shall provide the corresponding valid certificates, such as pictures or videos, etc.
For the Products that need to be replaced after being confirmed by ZWO in writing, the User shall return the Products with the complete package, together with all accessories, manuals, etc., to the address designated by ZWO.
By sending back the product to ZWO, the User agrees to pay out-of-warranty fees that may arise during the repair process of the product. ZWO will send back the product after charging.
5. If a User encounters any problem during the use of ZWO Products, you may at any time contact ZWO for technical support via ZWO Support.
For the Products that need to be returned for after-sales service, ZWO will provide the corresponding RMA code for reference.
ZWO will not accept any products having no RMA code that have been returned privately without ZWO written confirmation.
6. If a User purchases the ZWO Products from a ZWO agent, the User may contact the ZWO agent directly for the relevant after-sales service.
Steven Lee – :
When with the 174MC be back in stock?
Sean Wang – :
It is back in stock this week.
smastracci – :
Hi, I’m interested is a camera of the Basic – Middle range for planetary images and some deep space objects.
My equipment is a Celestro NextStar 5se: 1250mm Focal Length, f / 10 Focal Ratio
This camera would be a good option? Or what could you recommend?
Sean Wang – :
ASI385 AND ASI183 will be a good option. If you want DSO imaging in further, cooled version is necessary. 😀
1CM69 – :
your headline for the 174 says especially designed for Sun & Moon imaging, does this mean that it is not as capable for planetary imaging as say the 178 or 120?
My scope is 2350mm FL f10.
Sam Wen – :
it can be used for planetary imaging too
just not as good as ASI224 or ASI290
but still very good camera
Erklue – :
I already possess an ASI185MC which I mainly use for planetary imaging. Now that winter is coming I would like to go for Deep Sky. This camera, ASI174MC, seems due to larger chip area suitable for this task (i.e. imaging M31). I am planning to use the 185MC as an autoguider simultaneously with the 174MC on a MacBook Air.
1.) is the 174MC suitable for Deep Sky (please keep in mind that I don`t want to spend more than 600 $)?
2.) Do the camera drivers for ASI ZWO permit the use of TWO ASI cameras simultaneously on the same computer (stability, thread safety) ?
Thanks in advance an best regards!
Sam Wen – :
174 has amp-glow, you’d better choose ASI1600
you can use one for imaging and the other one for guiding
Simon – :
Can the ir filter be removed for ir imaging?
Sam Wen – :
yes, you can remove it or exchange with an AR one by yourself
Vitalii – :
What lenses can I use for all-sky imaging on this camera?
Sam Wen – :
you may can try this one
Rafal – :
Hi, I am interested in imaging of Jupiter, so have a question: is there any difference in image quality between ASI120MM with filters and ASI174MC (color) itself?
Sam Wen – :
usually mono is better than color
but you need extra filer wheel and filters
Vitalii – :
Hello! Exposure Range: 32µs-300s – is actual? ASI174-Cool has same sensor, but 1000s exposure.
Sam Wen – :
yes, because there is some hardware difference
Martín – :
Do the features of the cooled version will be the same as those of the current version?
What will be the price, aproximately? (I need to start convincing my wife).
taewoo – :
Is ASI174MC (color) can auto-guiding?
Sam Wen – :
yes, it has guide port
Tobias Enhus – :
The 174 has global shutter, higher frame rate and a larger sized sensor. It’s a very tasty imager indeed.
Joe Sleator – :
With fewer, larger pixels, higher read-noise 6.x e vs 3.x e , and 12 vs 14 bits is this still a better choice for planetary/satellite/sun/moon than the ASI178? Seems the 178 beats it in all categories except fps/transfer rate. Why would I pick 174 over 178? Using a 200mm F5 Newtonian, and looking for a good imager.