Back-illuminated CMOS Image Sensor with 14bit ADC. ASI178MM has a 1/1.8″ and 6.4M pixels sensor IMX178 with SONY STARVIS and Exmor R Technology.
Extremely low read noise(1.4e-2.2 e) , 1.4e @27db, high sensitivity and 14bit ADC make it very suitable for astronomy and microscopy high resolution photograph.
absolute QE Curve
USB 3.0 Port & ST4 Port
USB 3.0 Port: can provide 5Gb bandwidth to let ASI178 run at 30 fps (14bit, normal mode) or 60 fps (10bit, high speed mode) at full resolution(6.4Mega).
ST4 Port: can be used connect with auto guide port of mount, for guiding.
What is in the box?
Come with a 2.5mm all sky lens which can provide a nearly 170° view of the sky.
Drivers and Softwares:
Our website has newest camera drivers and many DSO and Planetary capture softwares. Please make sure the newest driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
Camera technical details
Sensor: 1/1.8” CMOS IMX178
Resolution: 6.4 Mega Pixels 3096*2080
Pixel Size: 2.4µm
Sensor Size: 7.4mm*5mm
Exposure Range: 32µs-1000s
Non-volatile memory/On camera storage: Build-in total 192K byte user-accessible space(image size up to 480X320)
ST4 Guider Port: Yes
Focus Distance to Sensor: 12.5mm
Shutter Type: Rolling Shutter
Protect window: AR window
Operating System Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux
Bit rate: 14bit output(14bit ADC)
Adaptor: 2″ / 1.25″ / M42X0.75
Dimension: φ62mm X 36mm
Weight: 120g or 4.2 ounces (without lens)
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
10bit ADC/14bit ADC
3096×2080 60fps / 30fps
2560×2048 62fps / 31fps
2048×1080 116fps / 58fps
1280×960 130fps / 65fps
800×600 204.7fps / 102.3fps
640×480 253.1fps / 126.5fps
320×240 479.7fps / 239.8fps
More resolutions can be defined by user
Before first usage of this product read manuals and install correct drivers and software.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $20.00
- Free Shipping(amount < 199USD) (Air Mail, 2-3months) (Free)
If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within one month. We provide free fast shipping for order ≧ $199 or charge extra $20 for order < $199.
- Free Shipping: we will ship via DGM or China Post Registered Air Mail. It usually costs 1-2 months to reach US or Europe and costs 2-3 months to reach far places.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
Update of logistics information
Due to the incompatibility of post office networks in many countries, in a long period, logistics information won’t be updated for parcels exported via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS before the arrival of destination country.
It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure.
If you need the parcel urgently/in a short time, other fast shipping except for EMS would be highly recommended.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis. We do not provide any replacement unless ZWO confirmed the product is DOA (Dead On Arrival).
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement. If we confirm you can get a replacement, goods must be returned with all accessories, instructions, etc and must be suitably packed.
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: email@example.com. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- We will provide you RMA number if your camera requires warranty repair. We refuse any return without RMA number!
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.