The ASI2400MC Pro is the first CMOS Astro Camera which adopts Sony IMX410 Sensor. Some of the highlights include:
- Sony IMX410 full-frame format sensor – giving a great field of view
- 14-bit ADC – giving high dynamic range
- 24 MP sensor with a pixel size of 5.94 um – large sensor and large pixels to capture amazing detail
- An incredibly large well depth of 100ke- – no need to worry about saturating stars
- Ultra-low readout noise of 1.1e- – bringing out more details in your images with improved dynamic range
- Zero amp-glow – one thing less to worry about in post-processing.
Considering the above specifications and a peak QE of around 80%, the ASI2400MC Pro is born to be another great innovation of ZWO in the field of full-frame cooled OSC astronomy cameras.
Full Frame OSC Camera
The ASI2400MC Pro uses full-frame format, the sensor length and width are 36mm * 24mm and the diagonal is 43.3mm. Currently it is only available in a one-shoot-colour (OSC) version. OSC is very suitable for those just beginning with astrophotography, but considering the fantastic specifications of this camera, we are sure that many seasoned astrophotographers will take a liking to it as well. If you don’t have the time to take a lot of sub-exposures with different filters, or money to spend on accessories like filters and filter wheels, this camera will deliver amazing images!
IMX410 Backlit Sensor
Sony’s back-illuminated CMOS image sensor improves the sensitivity and noise reduction – the key factors to enhancing image quality. It does this by radically realigning the fundamental pixel structure from front-illumination to back-illumination, while still retaining the advantages of CMOS image sensors such as low power consumption and high-speed operation.
With a conventional front-illumination structure, the metal wiring and transistors on the surface of the silicon substrate that form the sensor’s light-sensitive area (photo-diode), impede photon-gathering carried out by the on-chip lens. A back-illuminated structure minimizes the degradation of sensitivity to the optical angle response, while also increasing the amount of light that enters each pixel due to the lack of obstacles such as metal wiring and transistors. These components have been moved to the back-side of the silicon substrate.
Large well depth capacity, low read-out noise and high dynamic range.
As an example of the improvements made in the ASI2400MC Pro, a comparison with the full frame ASI-camera ASI128MC shows that the full well capacity of the ASI2400MC Pro is a whopping 132% that of the ASI128MC (even though they have a very similar pixel size of 5.94um vs 5.96um). The ASI2400MC Pro comes with ultra-high a dynamic range of up to 14 stops that will greatly reduce the issue of overexposed images and also help to collect richer color information.
When the gain value is set to 140, the HCG high gain mode is turned on. We’re not saying it’s magic…but we’d like to think it is pretty close. With the HCG-mode turned on, the readout noise is greatly reduced (as low as 1.1e), and the dynamic range is basically unchanged.
Zero Amp Glow
Traditional CMOS sensors produce a weak infrared light source during operation quite often seen in the corner of uncalibrated images as the tell-tale signs of ‘amp glow’. As the ASI2400MC Pro uses zero amp glow circuitry, you won’t have to worry about amp glow even when using high gain, long exposure imaging.
With amp glow – exposure 300 second exposure
ASI2400 frame with no amp glow – Exposure 300 seconds
ASI2400MC Pro comes with a polyimide heater that can avoid any dew problems.
The anti-dew heater sits on top of the protective window and will heat it to avoid any dew problems.
The heat anti-dew heater power is around 5W and can be turn off using software in order to save power.
We suppose that the QE peak value of the ASI2400MC Pro is above 80%.
Two-Stage TEC Cooling: Ultra-Low Dark Current
Thanks to the two stage TEC cooling, ASI2400MC Pro can lower the CMOS sensor temperature to more than 35 degrees Celsius below ambient temperature, which can greatly reduce dark current generation and sensor noise even during extended exposure times.
*The Delta T 35℃ is tested at 30℃ ambient temperature. It might get down when the cooling system is working for a long time. Also, as the ambient temperature falls, the Delta T would also decrease.
The unique dark current suppression technology can further reduce dark current noise. When it’s cooled to -20℃, the current noise can be as low as 0.00035e/s/pix, which is completely negligible!
Please notice that the camera needs to be connected to an external 11-15v power supply to implement the cooling function. We recommend you use 12V@3A DC adapter (5.5*2.1mm, center pole positive) or lithium battery with 11-15V to power the camera. If you don’t have one, please click here to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standards for different countries, please make sure you selected the correct adapter when placing the order.
USB3.0 & 256M DDR3 Memory
The ASI2400MC Pro is equipped with a USB 3.0 transmission interface and a built-in 256MB (2Gb) DDR3 cache to ensure stable and secure data transmission. During long exposures, it effectively avoids frame dropping and greatly reduces the glow effect caused by slow reading speed.
What’s in the box?
The best solution of 55mm back focus length
5 connection methods of ASI2400 to get 55mm back focus length
Note: This tutorial is for ASI6200, but it also works for ASI2400.
- Nikon-T2 adapter
- New filter Drawer for EOS lens(can be used with 2”filter)
- Nikon lens
- Canon lens
Our website is always updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.
Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 7-14 days.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $20.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
- It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure. If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: email@example.com
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
1. ZWO will provide a 2-year free warranty service (Warranty Period) for ZWO products purchased by Users from ZWO (“Products”) in accordance with this Policy, commencing on the day following receipt of the Products by Users. For ASIAIR Plus users, commencing on the day of device activation.
2. If a User encounters the following Dead on Arrival (DOA) and contacts ZWO within the corresponding time limit to issue the Product purchase invoice and relevant evidence, ZWO will provide door-to-door pick-up service and, as appropriate, after-sale replacement (or partial replacement), repair or return (or partial return) service for the following Products:
1) Product quality problem
Provided that a User detects a quality problem and contacts ZWO within 30 days after receipt of the Products, and ZWO support team confirms that the Products indeed have a quality problem or defect after their inspection, ZWO will provide free replacement service towards such Products;
2) Product transportation problem
Provided that a User finds obvious signs of bubbling, serious overstocking, or deformation on the outer package of the Products upon receipt of the Products, and provides ZWO with pictures of the outer package and proof of receipt within 3 days after receipt of such Products, ZWO support team will verify the actual shipper and determine the responsible party for such transportation problem. In the event that ZWO is the actual shipper, ZWO will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service, however, if the Products are directly sold or transported to the User by an agent of ZWO, the agent will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service.
3. If the Products are under the following circumstances, they are not within the scope of warranty service, ZWO may provide maintenance services to the Users:
1) The Warranty Period of the Products has expired; or
2) The Products are injected into liquid or affected by moisture or corrosion; or
3) The Products are damaged by an external force (such as the broken of the camera protection window glass, the deformation of the product shell, the broken of the USB port, etc.); or
4) Disassembling, repairing by a third party, refurbishment of the Products (such as downloading erroneous firmware) without the written authorization of ZWO; or
5) The product system is modified, or the maintenance notice is lost or changed; or
6) Product quality problem caused by installation not following the requirements or instructions for the Products; or
7) Physical damage or failure of the Products caused by the force majeure (such as strong vibration or extrusion such as flood, fire, earthquake, or thunder stroke); or
8)Damage caused by the improper User operation during the period of shooting or use, such as using without the equipment protection or direct shooting of the sun; or
9) No valid purchase invoice or warranty certificate; or
10) The Products are second-hand products.
Any quality problem with the accessories or other parts of the Products is not a condition for the return or change of the Products, and the User may solely request to replace the accessories with new ones, which shall be handled after verification by ZWO support team.
If the issue with your ZWO product was caused by certain damage (such as severe damage not covered by the 2-year warranty), you might have to pay the replacement value.
4. For the normal repair or replacement of the Products during the Warranty Period, the User will bear the return cost. When returning the Products, Users shall specify the actual reasons for the damage to the Products, and shall provide the corresponding valid certificates, such as pictures or videos, etc.
For the Products that need to be replaced after being confirmed by ZWO in writing, the User shall return the Products with the complete package, together with all accessories, manuals, etc., to the address designated by ZWO.
By sending back the product to ZWO, the User agrees to pay out-of-warranty fees that may arise during the repair process of the product. ZWO will send back the product after charging.
5. If a User encounters any problem during the use of ZWO Products, you may at any time contact ZWO for technical support via ZWO Support.
For the Products that need to be returned for after-sales service, ZWO will provide the corresponding RMA code for reference.
ZWO will not accept any products having no RMA code that have been returned privately without ZWO written confirmation.
6. If a User purchases the ZWO Products from a ZWO agent, the User may contact the ZWO agent directly for the relevant after-sales service.