Diagonal 6.46 mm (Type 1/2.8) Square Pixel Array Color CMOS Image Sensor
Back-Illuminated CMOS image Sensors with Improved Visible Light and Near Infrared Sensitivity that Support 1080p
Sony has developed the approx. 2.13M effective pixel back-illuminated CMOS image sensors IMX290LQR and IMX291LQR with improved sensitivity in the visible-light and near infrared light regions for industrial applications.
A new 2.9 µm-square unit pixel has been developed that combines a back-illuminated structure with technology for improving near infrared sensitivity to further enhance picture quality at low illumination while at the same time realizing Full HD cameras for industrial applications. This realizes two or more times the sensitivity in the visible-light region and three or more times the sensitivity in the near infrared light region than that of the existing Sony product (IMX236LQJ).
Relative QE Curve
This camera can run without external power supply in normal mode
here is a 60s dark frame
we recommends 12V at 2.5A or more DC adapter for cooler power supply(2.1*5.5, center passitive)
What`s in the box?
Notice：Cooled cameras need a 12v power adapter, If you don’t have one, please click this link to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standard for different contury, please choose it carefully.
Drivers and Softwares:
Our website has newest camera drivers and many DSO and Planetary capture softwares. Please make sure the newest driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
And the anti-dew heater is on sale that could solve the dew problem on the front window for ASI cooled cameras.
You can buy the heater from the link:
Sensor: 1/2.8″ CMOS IMX290/IMX291
Resolution: 2.1Mega Pixels 1936×1096
Pixel Size: 2.9µm
Exposure Range: 32µs-2000s
Dimension: 78 mm Diameter
Back Focus Distance: 17.5mm
Protect Window: AR coated
Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
Delta T: 35-40 degrees C
Cooler Power consumption: 12V at 2A Max
Our website is continuously updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent Driver and software have been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.
Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 15-20 days.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $30.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
- It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure. If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
1. ZWO hereby declares that it will provide customers with a warranty period of 2 years for ZWO branded products (excluding APO), as per this policy. APO products will be covered by a 1-year free warranty service, starting from the day following the receipt of the product by the customer. For ASIAIR Plus users, the warranty period will commence from the day of device activation.
Furthermore, ZWO will offer customers a 1-year free warranty service (Warranty Period) for Seestar branded products purchased from ZWO, in accordance with this policy. The warranty period will begin from the day following the receipt of the product by the customer.
2. If a User encounters the following Dead on Arrival (DOA) and contacts ZWO within the corresponding time limit to issue the Product purchase invoice and relevant evidence, ZWO will provide door-to-door pick-up service and, as appropriate, after-sale replacement (or partial replacement), repair or return (or partial return) service for the following Products:
1) Product quality problem
Provided that a User detects a quality problem and contacts ZWO within 30 days after receipt of the Products, and ZWO support team confirms that the Products indeed have a quality problem or defect after their inspection, ZWO will provide free replacement service towards such Products;
2) Product transportation problem
Provided that a User finds obvious signs of bubbling, serious overstocking, or deformation on the outer package of the Products upon receipt of the Products, and provides ZWO with pictures of the outer package and proof of receipt within 3 days after receipt of such Products, ZWO support team will verify the actual shipper and determine the responsible party for such transportation problem. In the event that ZWO is the actual shipper, ZWO will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service, however, if the Products are directly sold or transported to the User by an agent of ZWO, the agent will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service.
3. If the Products are under the following circumstances, they are not within the scope of warranty service, ZWO may provide maintenance services to the Users:
1) The Warranty Period of the Products has expired; or
2) The Products are injected into liquid or affected by moisture or corrosion; or
3) The Products are damaged by an external force (such as the broken of the camera protection window glass, the deformation of the product shell, the broken of the USB port, etc.); or
4) Disassembling, repairing by a third party, refurbishment of the Products (such as downloading erroneous firmware) without the written authorization of ZWO; or
5) The product system is modified, or the maintenance notice is lost or changed; or
6) Product quality problem caused by installation not following the requirements or instructions for the Products; or
7) Physical damage or failure of the Products caused by the force majeure (such as strong vibration or extrusion such as flood, fire, earthquake, or thunder stroke); or
8)Damage caused by the improper User operation during the period of shooting or use, such as using without the equipment protection or direct shooting of the sun; or
9) No valid purchase invoice or warranty certificate; or
10) The Products are second-hand products.
Any quality problem with the accessories or other parts of the Products is not a condition for the return or change of the Products, and the User may solely request to replace the accessories with new ones, which shall be handled after verification by ZWO support team.
If the issue with your ZWO product was caused by certain damage (such as severe damage not covered by the 2-year warranty), you might have to pay the replacement value.
4. For the normal repair or replacement of the Products during the Warranty Period, the User will bear the return cost. When returning the Products, Users shall specify the actual reasons for the damage to the Products, and shall provide the corresponding valid certificates, such as pictures or videos, etc.
For the Products that need to be replaced after being confirmed by ZWO in writing, the User shall return the Products with the complete package, together with all accessories, manuals, etc., to the address designated by ZWO.
By sending back the product to ZWO, the User agrees to pay out-of-warranty fees that may arise during the repair process of the product. ZWO will send back the product after charging.
5. If a User encounters any problem during the use of ZWO Products, you may at any time contact ZWO for technical support via ZWO Support.
For the Products that need to be returned for after-sales service, ZWO will provide the corresponding RMA code for reference.
ZWO will not accept any products having no RMA code that have been returned privately without ZWO written confirmation.
6. If a User purchases the ZWO Products from a ZWO agent, the User may contact the ZWO agent directly for the relevant after-sales service.
Sevo Nikolov – :
I’m looking to buy this exact camera ASI290mm-cool. Is it still available somewhere?
Katherine Tsai – :
It is discontinued.
Ben Stew – :
Is the back-focus distance for this camera 17.5 and 6.5 respectively with or without the t-mount?
Sam Wen – :
6.5mm without T-mount
17.5mm with T-mount
jone – :
Is the protect window of this camera D25 AR window, thickness is 3 mm? What is glass type of this window?
Sam Wen – :
it’s BK270 glass
nick – :
Is it possible to set up an external trigger on this system?
Shawn – :
What is the 290 sensor height and width in millimeters ?
Sam Wen – :
you can calculate by the resolution and pixel size
Ben Stew – :
I just received this camera from OPT and filter wheel from you. I have an adapter that is 12v 2A will this be sufficient?
Also I am using the 11 EdgeHD and Televue 2″ 2X Powermate with your MEFW and a Mac for planetary. Any tips on spacing and software?
Sam Wen – :
12V 2A is OK if you only cool it to 30 degree difference
there is no spacing problem
software you can try
Jagho – :
Sam: @ ZWO UserGroup you wrote about 1600MM-C:
“v3 can transfer the heat from the heat sink to the front window better but it still cannot solve dew problem if there is no heat in the heat sink so cool the camera deeper is more effective to heat the protect window..”
My question is: is it the same at 290MM-C camera ?
Sam Wen – :
there is no such need for 290 as the chip of 290 is very small and won’t cool the protect window
Weiliang – :
Can the fan for the TEC be disabled while keeping the TEC on? I am afraid the fan will cause vibrations to the camera.
Sam Wen – :
yes, but only the new cooled camera with hub will support it
Abdelkrim – :
What’s the QE of this camera at 600 nm?
Sam Wen – :
it should be a little more than 80%
Chris Stevenson – :
Are you able to control the amp-glow?
Sam Wen – :
you can check the 60s exposure image, it’s not so bad
we did some improvement with our 224 too
Richard – :
Can you post a cooled dark frame for this camera?
Sam Wen – :
wait some days, we will do it
the amp-glow of 290 just like 178, not bad