ASI290MM Mini camera integrates Sony IMX290 1/3″ sensor (5.6 mm x 3.2 mm). It is ZWO first mini camera. This camera has 1936 x 1096 pixels. The pixel size is 2.9 μm x 2.9 μm. This camera provides 12bit ADC and its QE peak is over 80%.
ASI290 mini camera offers you very good performance for planetary imaging and guiding. Low read noise, high dynamic range, QE peak >80%, AR protective window and much more.
Relative QE Curve, we estimate the Peak Value is about 80%.
290Mini vs. 290MM
Compared with ASI290MM camera, 290mini have smaller outlook, lighter weight, and it can reach focus at same position with eyepiece.
USB2.0Port & ST4 Port
USB 2.0 Port: Mini camera has one USB2.0 type C port. Type C port is very popular in mobile phones, it will not care about positive side and negetive side of the adapter.
ST4 Port: Can connect mini camera direct connect to auto guide port of mount.
- M28.5-CS adapter
- CS-C adapter
- 1.25″ extender
- 1.25″ filter
What is in the box?
ASI mini camera box includes all necessary cables, adapters, and manuals.
Drivers and Softwares:
Our website has newest camera drivers and many DSO and Planetary capture softwares. Please make sure the newest driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
ASI120, ASI174 and ASI290 mini camera have very beautiful outlooks, small size, lighter weight, this is not a big deal.
We should consider much more…
How to choose a good guide camera?
Many people may say : must be small, suitable for different equipments(guide scope, OAG), stable working.
Yes, I think thoes are basic demands for a good guide camera, and ASI mini camera can do them well.
So, what else we do care in the deep of our mind?
I think there will be three potential requests: high sensitivity, precisely guiding, big FOV.
Sensitivity is the first thing we considered. It is very important to look for a guide star. So, at beginning, we were considering to use mono sensor to design our guide camera only. Because mono sensors have much higher sensitivity than color ones. Luckily the ASI120MM Mini, ASI290MM Mini and ASI174MM Mini all have very high QE peak value – about 80%, which can detect more stars in view and shorten the exposure time in guiding.
ASI120MM Mini is designed for newcomers, which is more affordable than ASI290MM Mini and ASI174MM Mini. You can easily get the well-sampled stars with the help of ASI120MM Mini. It’s light, compact and robust. If you are still wondering which one you should choose as your first guide camera, the ASI120MM Mini can always be a good choice.
ASI290MM Mini is designed for precisely guiding. The 2.9um pixel size can give you a higher arcsec/pixel than 224 or 120 camera. Which means in same guide scope, 290mini can detective slighter movement of stars. ASI290 mini can improve about 30% guide precision than 120mm.
ASI174MM mini is designed for Big FOV guiding. This is very useful in OAG to looking for a guide star. When you use OAG guider working with Ritchey-Chretien or Schmit-Cassegrain telescope, the hardest part is to looking for a guide star. ASI174 mini have 1/1.2″ big sensor which means you can have a 4 times bigger Fov than 120mm.
The back of ASI mini camera is like a smiling face, its mouth is Type C USB port, which is widely used in mobile phones. And its nose is the ST4 port, for guiding. Every time, you use mini camera, there always will be a smiley face stay with you in the dark nights.
Focus like a eyepiece
ASI mini camera can focus at same position as eyepiece. You can focus with a eyepiece, and put ASI mini camera into 1.25″ holder.
Work with OAG
Mini camera is very suitable for OAG, it can have much biger focus range than normal ASI cameras. Never to worry about that guide camera can not focus with main camera at same time.
Work with CS adapter and CS lens
Work with 1.25″ extender
ASI mini camera is available now! You can buy it form us or our dealers! Wish you all have clear skies!
Sensor: 1/2.8″ CMOS IMX290/IMX291
Resolution: 2.1Mega Pixels 1936×1096
Pixel Size: 2.9µm
Exposure Range: 32µs-2000s
Non-volatile memory/On camera storage: Build-in total 192K byte user-accessible space(image size up to 480X320)
ST4 Guider Port: Yes
Focus Distance to Sensor: 8.5mm
Shutter Type: Rolling Shutter
Protect window: AR coated window
Operating System Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux
Bit rate: 12bit output(12bit ADC)
Adaptor:1.25″ / M28.5X0.6
Dimension: φ36mm X 61mm
Weight: 60g or 3.1 ounces (without lens)
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
USB2.0 MAX FPS
2X2Bin :968×548: 20.4
More resolutions can be user defined
It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $20.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: email@example.com
- Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 7-14 days.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis. We do not provide any replacement unless ZWO confirmed the product is DOA (Dead On Arrival).
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement. If we confirm you can get a replacement, goods must be returned with all accessories, instructions, etc and must be suitably packed.
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- We will provide you RMA number if your camera requires warranty repair. We refuse any return without RMA number!
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.
Our website is always updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.