With the ability to capture light in the near-infrared portion of the spectrum, and the super high sensitivity combined with ultra-low readout noise, this camera is considered as the highly improved version of ASI290MC. It will offer great performance for planetary, solar and lunar imaging. Some highlights include:
- Sony IMX462 1/2.8” format 12bit ADC
- 9um pixel size
- Well depth of 2ke-
- Total of 1 megapixel accommodating a resolution of 1936*1096
- Ultra-low read noise of 0.5e- to 2.6e-
- 90% QE at 850nm.
The format of the IMX462 sensor is 1/2.8”. The sensor length and width are 5.6mm*3.2mm and the diagonal is 6.46mm. The resolution is 1936*1096.
The cameras has a built-in HCG mode which can effectively reduce the readout noise at high gain and keep the same wide dynamic range as you would expect at low gain. When the gain is 80, the HCG mode will automatically turn on. This results in the read noise being as low as 0.47e- while the dynamic range still can reach close to 12 stops.
ASI462 has very high QE value at 800-1000nm wavelength (almost 2 times higher than that of ASI290MC). The sensitivity in near-infrared light region ranks first among all ASI planetary cameras.
ASI462MC vs ASI290MC
In general, ASI462MC and ASI290MC share very similar characteristics but ASI462MC has some benefits in its favor in terms of lower readout noise and higher QE value.
USB 3.0 Port & ST4 Port
USB 3.0 Port: Providing 5Gb bandwidth to let ASI462 run at 136.1fps (10bit, high speed mode) or 63.9fps (12bit, normal mode) at full resolution(2.1Mega).
ST4 Port: Can be used to connect with auto guide port of mount for guiding.
What is in the box?
Camera technical details
Sensor: SONY IMX462 CMOS
Diagonal : 6.46mm
Resolution: 21 Mega Pixels, 1936*1096
Pixel size: 2.9µm
Sensor size: 5.6mm * 3.2mm
Max fps: 136FPS
Shutter: Rolling shutter
Exposure range: 32µs-2000s
Readout noise: 0.47~2.65e
QE peak: TBD
Full well: 11.2ke
ADC : 12bit
USB interface: USB3.0
Adapters: 2”/ 1.25”/ M42*0.75
Protect window: AR
Back focus length: 12.5mm
Working temperature: -5°C~50°C
Working relative humidity: 0~80%
Supported OS: Windows, Linux & Mac OSX
Max FPS at full resolution:
Resolution 12bit 10bit
1936*1096 63.9fps 136.1fps
1920*1080 64.8fps 138.1fps
1280*720 96.5fps 205.6fps
640*480 143.1fps 305fps
400*400 170.6fps 363.5fps
320*240 276.8fps 589.6fps
It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $20.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 7-14 days.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis. We do not provide any replacement unless ZWO confirmed the product is DOA (Dead On Arrival).
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement. If we confirm you can get a replacement, goods must be returned with all accessories, instructions, etc and must be suitably packed.
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: email@example.com. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- We will provide you RMA number if your camera requires warranty repair. We refuse any return without RMA number!
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.
Our website is always updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.