Our new ASI6200MM Pro camera combines an optimal set of characteristics for you to be able to take amazing images. The huge sensor and full-frame format will let you capture detailed, large images. Some of the highlights include:
- Sony IMX455 full-frame format sensor – giving a great field of view
- True 16-bit ADC – giving a high dynamic range of up to 14 stops!
- 62MP sensor with a pixel size of 3.76um – huge sensor and relatively small pixel size to capture amazing detail across a large field-of-view
- A large well depth of4ke- – no need to worry about saturating stars
- Ultra-low readout noise of 1.2 e- – bringing out more details in your images with improved dynamic range
- Zero amp-glow – even during long exposures, which means one thing less to worry about in post-processing
Amazing Craftsmanship, Lightweight body, Solid image quality
We have been working hard to reduce the weight of the camera while still improving the overall performance. After years of technical accumulation and repeated mass-reduction experiments by ZWO engineers, ZWO finally got the weight of the ASI6200 down to just 700 grams.
Full Frame format
The ASI6200MM Pro uses a full-frame format. The sensor length and width are 36mm * 24mm respectively, and the diagonal is 43.3mm. This is a 62MP camera with a small pixel size of 3.76um that can accommodate a large well depth of 51.4ke.
Native 16bit ADC
ASI6200MM Pro is our first batch of CMOS astronomy cameras with true 16-bit ADC. It is not a CCD-style 16-bit ADC – it really can achieve a dynamic range output of 14 stops. This significantly improves the image sharpness and contrast, and the contrast gradients are smoother and more natural-looking.
IMX455 backlit sensor
Sony’s back-illuminated CMOS image sensor improves the sensitivity and noise reduction – the key factors to enhancing image quality. It does this by radically realigning the fundamental pixel structure from front-illumination to back-illumination, while still retaining the advantages of CMOS image sensors such as low power consumption and high-speed operation.
With a conventional front-illumination structure, the metal wiring and transistors on the surface of the silicon substrate that form the sensor’s light-sensitive area (photo-diode), impede photon-gathering carried out by the on-chip lens. A back-illuminated structure minimizes the degradation of sensitivity to the optical angle response, while also increasing the amount of light that enters each pixel due to the lack of obstacles such as metal wiring and transistors. These components have been moved to the back-side of the silicon substrate.
The ASI6200MM Pro has excellent performance with a dynamic range of up to 14 stops that will greatly reduce the issue of overexposed images, and make colour gradients look smoother and more natural-looking.
When the gain value is set to 100, the HCG high gain mode is turned on. We’re not saying it’s magic…but we’d like to think it is pretty close. With the HCG-mode turned on, the readout noise is greatly reduced, and the dynamic range is basically unchanged.
Zero Amp Glow
Traditional CMOS sensors produce a weak infrared light source during operation, quite often seen in the corner of uncalibrated images This is the tell-tale signs of ‘amp glow’. As the ASI6200MM Pro uses zero amp glow circuitry, you won’t have to worry about amp glow even when using high gain, long exposure imaging.
With amp glow – exposure 300 second exposure
ASI6200 frame with no amp glow – Exposure 300 seconds
ASI6200MM Pro comes with a polyimide heater that can avoid any dew problems.
The anti-dew heater sits on top of the protective window and will heat it to avoid any dew problems.
The heat anti-dew heater power is around 5W and can be turn off using software in order to save power.
The QE peak value of the ASI6200MM Pro is 91%.
Two-stage TEC cooling, ultra-low dark current
Thanks to the two stage TEC cooling, ASI6200MM Pro can lower the CMOS sensor temperature to more than 35 degrees Celsius below ambient temperature, which can greatly reduce dark current generation and sensor noise even during extended exposure times.
*The Delta T 35℃ is tested at 30℃ ambient temperature. It might get down when the cooling system is working for a long time. Also, as the ambient temperature falls, the Delta T would also decrease.
The unique dark current suppression technology can further reduce dark current noise. At a cooling temperature of 0 °C, the dark current noise is only 0.003e/s/pixel. This means a 300s exposure will only cause a dark current noise of 0.9e-, which is completely negligible!
Please notice that the camera needs to be connected to an external 11-15v power supply to implement the cooling function. We recommend you use 12V@3A DC adapter (5.5*2.1mm, center pole positive) or lithium battery with 11-15V to power the camera. If you don’t have one, please click here to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standard for different countries, please make sure you selected the correct adapter when placing the order.
USB3.0 & 256M DDR3 Memory
The ASI6200MM Pro is equipped with a USB 3.0 transmission interface and a built-in 256MB DDR3 cache to ensure stable and secure data transmission. Under long exposure, it effectively avoids frame dropping and greatly reduces the glow effect caused by slow reading speed.
What is in the box?
The best solution of 55mm back focus length
5 connection methods of ASI6200 to get 55mm back focus length.
Appreciation of user works
Soul Nebula and Heart Nebula
Equipment：ASI6200MM Pro + SharpStar 150mm F2.8, 900s x 12
Camera technical details
Sensor: SONY IMX455 CMOS
Resolution: 62 Mega Pixel 9576*6388
Pixel Size: 3.76μm
Bayer Pattern: None
Exposure Range: 32μs-2000s
Read Noise: 1.5-3.5e
QE peak: about 91%
Full well: 50000e
DDRIII Buffer: 256MB
Non-volatile memory/On camera storage: Build-in total 192K byte user-accessible space(image size up to 480X320)
Protect window: D60-AR Coating
Dimensions: 90mm Diameter
Back Focus Distance: 17.5mm
Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
Delta T: 35°C-35°C below ambient
Camera Power consumption: 650mA at 5V
Cooler Power consumption: 12V at 3A Max
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
Max FPS at full resolution:
more resolutions are in software, support customize resolution.
Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 7-14 days.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $20.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
- It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure. If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: email@example.com
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
1. ZWO will provide a 2-year free warranty service (Warranty Period) for ZWO products purchased by Users from ZWO (“Products”) in accordance with this Policy, commencing on the day following receipt of the Products by Users. For ASIAIR Plus users, commencing on the day of device activation.
2. If a User encounters the following Dead on Arrival (DOA) and contacts ZWO within the corresponding time limit to issue the Product purchase invoice and relevant evidence, ZWO will provide door-to-door pick-up service and, as appropriate, after-sale replacement (or partial replacement), repair or return (or partial return) service for the following Products:
1) Product quality problem
Provided that a User detects a quality problem and contacts ZWO within 30 days after receipt of the Products, and ZWO support team confirms that the Products indeed have a quality problem or defect after their inspection, ZWO will provide free replacement service towards such Products;
2) Product transportation problem
Provided that a User finds obvious signs of bubbling, serious overstocking, or deformation on the outer package of the Products upon receipt of the Products, and provides ZWO with pictures of the outer package and proof of receipt within 3 days after receipt of such Products, ZWO support team will verify the actual shipper and determine the responsible party for such transportation problem. In the event that ZWO is the actual shipper, ZWO will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service, however, if the Products are directly sold or transported to the User by an agent of ZWO, the agent will be responsible for providing the relevant return or replacement service.
3. If the Products are under the following circumstances, they are not within the scope of warranty service, ZWO may provide maintenance services to the Users:
1) The Warranty Period of the Products has expired; or
2) The Products are injected into liquid or affected by moisture or corrosion; or
3) The Products are damaged by an external force (such as the broken of the camera protection window glass, the deformation of the product shell, the broken of the USB port, etc.); or
4) Disassembling, repairing by a third party, refurbishment of the Products (such as downloading erroneous firmware) without the written authorization of ZWO; or
5) The product system is modified, or the maintenance notice is lost or changed; or
6) Product quality problem caused by installation not following the requirements or instructions for the Products; or
7) Physical damage or failure of the Products caused by the force majeure (such as strong vibration or extrusion such as flood, fire, earthquake, or thunder stroke); or
8)Damage caused by the improper User operation during the period of shooting or use, such as using without the equipment protection or direct shooting of the sun; or
9) No valid purchase invoice or warranty certificate; or
10) The Products are second-hand products.
Any quality problem with the accessories or other parts of the Products is not a condition for the return or change of the Products, and the User may solely request to replace the accessories with new ones, which shall be handled after verification by ZWO support team.
If the issue with your ZWO product was caused by certain damage (such as severe damage not covered by the 2-year warranty), you might have to pay the replacement value.
4. For the normal repair or replacement of the Products during the Warranty Period, the User will bear the return cost. When returning the Products, Users shall specify the actual reasons for the damage to the Products, and shall provide the corresponding valid certificates, such as pictures or videos, etc.
For the Products that need to be replaced after being confirmed by ZWO in writing, the User shall return the Products with the complete package, together with all accessories, manuals, etc., to the address designated by ZWO.
By sending back the product to ZWO, the User agrees to pay out-of-warranty fees that may arise during the repair process of the product. ZWO will send back the product after charging.
5. If a User encounters any problem during the use of ZWO Products, you may at any time contact ZWO for technical support via ZWO Support.
For the Products that need to be returned for after-sales service, ZWO will provide the corresponding RMA code for reference.
ZWO will not accept any products having no RMA code that have been returned privately without ZWO written confirmation.
6. If a User purchases the ZWO Products from a ZWO agent, the User may contact the ZWO agent directly for the relevant after-sales service.
Our website is always updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.