The new 36mm EFW (Electronic Filter Wheel) independently developed by ZWO for astronomical mono cameras. With the larger body and the newly-added screw holes on the covers, it will give a much easier and more fixable way to connect to ASI cameras.
There are 7 slots inside the EFW and we recommend you use the ZWO 36mm LRGB and SHO filter set with it.
The body is CNC milled from an aircraft graded aluminum block. It is made with high quality and thin with the thickness of only 20mm. The heart of the EFW uses the quality stepmotors produced by NPM, Japan, which can be very trustworthy. When photographing, you can rotate the EFW in both counter clockwise or clockwise direction for filter selection. The whole operation process is rather convenient and efficient.
Comparing to the original 36mm EFW, you may find the new EFW has a bigger size. The screw holes on the front and back covers shall not only allow us directly connecting the 36mm EFW to the camera and bringing the filters closer to the camera sensor, also making the it possible to match it with M68 OAG.
There are no need for multiple cables to power this filter wheel up, just one USB cable does the trick. The power consumption of this EFW is approximately 120mAh @5V, which can be operated from the Cooled CMOS’s USB hub.
All ZWO 36mm filters can be perfectly supported by this EFW. But if you use filters from third party, then please make sure the thickness of the filter should be between 1.5mm and 3.0mm (the thickness of the filter frame is 1.8mm).
What’s in the box?
The best solution of 55mm back focus length:
The latest connection methods for the new 36mm EFW and ASI cameras can be find here: The best solution of 55mm back focus length.
If you are using ASI2600, then directly head over to this instruction: [ASI2600 Guide] 4 Connection methods to get 55mm back focus length.
Before first usage of this product read Manuals and install correct Drivers and Software.
It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $20.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: email@example.com
- Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 7-14 days.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis. We do not provide any replacement unless ZWO confirmed the product is DOA (Dead On Arrival).
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement. If we confirm you can get a replacement, goods must be returned with all accessories, instructions, etc and must be suitably packed.
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- We will provide you RMA number if your camera requires warranty repair. We refuse any return without RMA number!
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.