OAG-L is the latest iteration of M68 OAG with a larger prism size of 12*12mm. The bigger clear aperture brings wider field of view in guiding. It is easy to use, and suitable for users who are interested in long focal length photography. To take the most advantage of it, we recommend you to match it with large format guiding cameras.
- Lightweight and exquisite, 17.5mm thickness.
- Prism size: 12*12mm.
- The effective light-passing aperture is 11.7mm*8.3mm.
- Can be used to connect the main camera and guide camera simultaneously. No guide telescope required.
- Packaged with an M48 sensor tilt plate (5mm).
- For guiding, OAG-L can only work with ASI Mini cameras like ASI174MM Mini, ASI290MM Mini and ASI120MM Mini.
- Considering the large prism size, we don’t recommend you use OAG-L with telescopes whose clear aperture is smaller than M48.
- Yet it is recommended to use with 2” EFW or 7x36mm EFW, and with APS-C cameras (ASI2600) or full frame cameras (ASI6200/2400). The large clear aperture supports full frame cameras without vignetting.
- The major differences between OAG-L and M68 OAG are about the prism size and the threads. OAG-L removed the inner threads so you can directly use the screws to connect it to other equipment.
- If the thread of your telescope side is M48, then you don’t need to remove the M48 sensor tilt plate coming with OAG-L. On the contrary, you need to remove it and use some other sensor tilt plate at the corresponding thread of your telescope.
The pictures below show how to remove the sensor tilt plate:
You may find the M54 and M68 sensor tilt plates on the ZWO website.
While adding OAG-L into your optical train, please make sure the prism won’t block the camera sensor.
You can use the guiding screw to adjust the guiding camera’s focus length. Please make sure the distance from the prism to the main camera and to the guide camera are the same. To ensure the result, it is better to do this at daytime for the adjustment will be very difficult at night.
Our website is always updated with the most recent camera drivers as well as software for DSO and planetary imaging. Please make sure the most recent driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
It is also recommended to read the Manuals first before shooting.
Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within 7-14 days.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $20.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
- It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure. If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: email@example.com
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis. We do not provide any replacement unless ZWO confirmed the product is DOA (Dead On Arrival).
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement. If we confirm you can get a replacement, goods must be returned with all accessories, instructions, etc and must be suitably packed.
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- We will provide you RMA number if your camera requires warranty repair. We refuse any return without RMA number!
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.