Narrowband filter does not eliminate the effects of light pollution or increase the object’s brightness. In many cases, they increase the contrast between nebula and night sky, not brightening the nebula.
It can reduce the transmission of certain wavelengths of light, specifically those produced by artificial light including mercury vapor, and both high and low pressure sodium vapor lights and the unwanted natural light caused by neutral oxygen emission in our atmosphere (i.e. skyglow).
Form 2018, ZWO Made a progress on narrowband filters with the new standard, provide better performance.
Name: ZWO New narrowband 2″ filter
Glass thickness: 1.85mm
Thread: M48*0.75 male thread
The ZWO H-Alpha filter has a bandpass of 7nm and passes light at 656nm wavelength, light transmission rate comes up to 80%. Best choice of narrowband H-alpha astrophotography filter for high-contrast imaging and revealing rich details of the nebula even in areas with strong light pollution, just prepare to experience the infinite fun with it!
The ZWO narrowband S-II 7nm filter passes light at 672nm wavelength with a bandpass of 7nm which is designed for nebula observation. It is suitable for visual observation on most emission nebulae, planetary nebulae and supernova remnants, use it with H-alpha and OIII narrowband filters (SHO Set) for tricolor CCD astrophotography.
The ZWO narrowband O-III 7nm filter is designed for nebula observation allowing the 7nm bandwidth of light centered on a wavelength of 500nm through, which corresponds to OIII emission lines, blocking out all other light. Adding the ZWO O-III Narrowband filter to your imaging collection will help you go beyond the RGB imaging and will help capture your favorite nebulas in a totally new light, no matter how polluted your skies may be!
- Fine-optically polished to ensure accurate 1/4 wavefront over the both surfaces
- About 90% transmission at H-alpha line 656nm (H-Alpha filter )
- About 90% transmission at SII line 672nm (SII filter )
- About 90% transmission at major OIII line 500nm (OIII filter )
- Infrared wavelength 700-1100nm cut-off
- <0.1% transmission of off-band, OD3(Optical Density)
It will take around 60-90 days for shipment via ePacket/China Post Registered Air Mail/EMS, which can’t be guaranteed due to force majeure.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 199USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 199USD) : $20.00 (We do not provide free shipping from now on.)
If you can’t get the air mail package after 2months, please let us know ASAP: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, FedEx etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package within one month.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the complete English name with three words as well as the English shipping address.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers are liable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis. We do not provide any replacement unless ZWO confirmed the product is DOA (Dead On Arrival).
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement. If we confirm you can get a replacement, goods must be returned with all accessories, instructions, etc and must be suitably packed.
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: email@example.com. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- We will provide you RMA number if your camera requires warranty repair. We refuse any return without RMA number!
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.
Before first usage of this product read Manuals and install correct Drivers and Software.