Our brand new cooled version of ASI178MC Color Camera allows the sensor to be cooled to 35C to 40C degrees below ambient!
Here is a 60s long exposure dark file of this Camera
Back-illuminated CMOS Image Sensor with 14bit ADC.
ASI178MC has a 1/1.8″ and 6.4M pixels sensor IMX178 with SONY STARVIS and Exmor R Technology.
Extremely low read noise(2.2 e – 1.4e ) , high sensitivity and 14bit ADC make it very suitable for astronomy and microscopy high resolution photograph.
This camera can run without external power supply in normal mode.
we recommends 12V at 2.5A or 3A minimal DC adapter for cooler power supply.
What`s in the box?
Notice：Cooled cameras need a 12v power adapter, If you don’t have one, please click this link to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standard for different contury, please choose it carefully.
Drivers and Softwares:
Our website has newest camera drivers and many DSO and Planetary capture softwares. Please make sure the newest driver and software has been installed before you start shooting:
And the anti-dew heater is on sale that could solve the dew problem on the front window for ASI cooled cameras.
You can buy the heater from the link:
Camera technical details
Sensor: 1/1.8” CMOS IMX178
Resolution: 6.4 Mega Pixels 3096*2080
Pixel Size: 2.4µm
Sensor Size: 7.4mm*5mm
Exposure Range: 32µs-1000s
ST4 Guider Port: Yes
Focus Distance to Sensor: 12.5mm
Shutter Type: Rolling Shutter
Protect window: IR-CUT window
Operating System Compatibility: Mac, Windows, Linux
Bit rate: 14bit output(14bit ADC)
Adaptor: 2″ / 1.25″ / M42X0.75
Dimensions: 78 mm Diameter
Back Focus Distance: 17.5mm
Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
Delta T: 35-40 degrees C
Cooler Power Supply Required: 12V at 2A Max
10bit ADC/14bit ADC
3096×2080 60fps / 30fps
2560×2048 62fps / 31fps
2048×1080 116fps / 58fps
1280×960 130fps / 65fps
800×600 204.7fps / 102.3fps
640×480 253.1fps / 126.5fps
320×240 479.7fps / 239.8fps
More resolutions can be defined by user
Before first usage of this product read manuals and install correct drivers and software.
- Fast Shipping(amount ≧ 299USD) for free
- Fast Shipping(amount < 299USD) : $20.00
- Free Shipping(amount < 299USD) (Air Mail, 3-4 weeks) (Free)
- Fast Shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, TNT, EMS etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package in one week. We provide free fast shipping for order ≧ $299 or charge extra $20 for order < $299.
- Free Shipping: we will ship via DGM or China Post Registered Air Mail. It usually costs 2-3 weeks to reach US or Europe and costs 3-4 weeks to reach far places.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the name of your company.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers areliable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free or replace for free if the camera doesn’t work within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis.
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: email@example.com. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.