ZWO’s new cooled version of ASI174MC Color CMOS Imaging Camera allows the sensor to be cooled to 35C to 40C degrees below ambient!
Here is a 60s long exposure dark file of this Camera
the 1″ sensor size and 5.86 pixel size of ASI174 make it very suitable for DSO imaging for most scopes
The high QE and low read noise and super fast speed of ASI174 make it to be a camera capable for all
Here is a review on Cloudy Night forum
This camera can run without external power supply in normal mode
we recommends 12V at 3A or more DC adapter for cooler power supply
What`s in the box?
1–ZWO ASI174MM-COOL or ASI174MC-COOL Camera Body
4–2 m long USB 3.0 cable
5–USB 2.0 short cable x2
They are used to connect your EFW or guider camera through the USB2.0 hub.
6–Backup desiccant tablets packet
Only when you find fogging inside camera chamber, you need to replace them.
7–Driver & Extra Software CD (Mac, PC&Linux Compatible)
Notice：Cooled cameras need a 12v power adapter, If you don’t have one, please click this link to buy a 12V power adapter. There are 4 different standard for different contury, please choose it carefully.
And the anti-dew heater is on sale that could solve the dew problem on the front window for ASI cooled cameras.
You can buy the heater from the link:
Camera technical details
Sensor: 1/1.2″ CMOS IMX174LLJ / IMX174LQJ
Resolution: 2.3Mega Pixels 1936×1216
Pixel Size: 5.86µm
Exposure Range: 32µs-1000s
Bit rate: 12bit output(12bit ADC)
Adaptor: 2″ / 1.25″ / M42X0.75
Dimensions: 78 mm Diameter
Back Focus Distance: 17.5mm
Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
Delta T: 35-40 degrees C
Cooler Power Supply Required: 12V at 3A Max
Before first usage of this product read manuals and install correct drivers and software.
To support our newest cameras: ASI071 and ASI1600
follow softwares newest version required
SharpCap V2.8.2325 and up
Firecapture V2.5.03 and up
- Fast shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, TNT, EMS etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package in one week. We provide free fast shipping for order above $300 or charge extra $20 for order below $300.
- Free air mail shipping: we will ship via DGM or China Post Registered Air Mail. It usually costs 2-3 weeks to reach US or Europe and costs 3-4 weeks to reach far places.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the name of your company.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers areliable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free or replace for free if the camera doesn’t work within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis.
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.