This is the first dedicated DSO imaging camera but capable of Planetary imaging
here is a 300S dark frame tested with the cooler running at -25 degree
You can see the reviews here
What’s in the box?
–ZWO ASI1600MC-C Camera Body (not includes the lens )
–2 m long USB cable
–USB 2.0 short cable x2
–T2-1.25″ Filter adapter 3mm thickness
–T2 extender (18.5mm length)
–desiccant tablets packet
–Driver & Extra Software CD (Mac, PC & Linux Compatible)
This camera can run without external power supply in normal mode
we recommends 12V at 3A or more DC adapter for cooler power supply(2.1*5.5, center positive)
Battery from 9-15V is also suitable for cooler power supply
Now we have released the ASI1600 V3(right one) which we did a lot of mechincal improvments:
-Fix front cover with screws to avoid unscrew the cover off by mistake.
also this design can transfer the heat from the heat sink to the front window better to avoid dew problem happen.
-Add the air socket, so you can attach desiccant tube to make the sensor chamber dry again when needed.
Here is a test result of the Power consumption of the cooling system
This camera comes with a removable M42 extender
The back focus distance (optical path) is only 6.5mm without this extender
And the anti-dew heater is on sale that could solve the dew problem on the front window for ASI cooled cameras.
You can buy the heater from the link:
so manual MTF lens and SONY E-mount lens can be supported with our camera
you can order the MTF lens adapter and SONY E-mount lens adapter from our website
EOS and Nikon lens can be supported too even with our EFW
ASI1600 connection diagram
1. M43-T2 adapter
2. EOS-T2 adapter
3. 2”Filter (optional)
4. 1.25” T-Mount
5. 1.25” Filter (optional)
6. M42-1.25” Filter (optional)
7. T2 extender 11mm
8. M42-M48 extender 18.5mm
9. T2-T2 adapter
10. EFW mini
11. EOS adapter for EFW+1600
Camera technical details
Sensor: 4/3″ CMOS
Resolution: 16Mega Pixels 4656×3520
Pixel Size: 3.8µm
Max FPS at full resolution :23FPS
Exposure Range: 32µs-2000s
Read Noise: 1.2e @30db gain
QE peak: TBD
Full well: 20ke
Adaptor: 2″ / 1.25″ / M42X0.75
Protect window:AR window
Dimensions: 78mm Diameter
Back Focus Distance: 6.5mm
Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
Delta T: 40-45 below ambient
Cooler Power consumption: 12V at 2A Max
Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
more resolutions are user defined
Before first usage of this product read manuals and install correct drivers and software.
To support our newest cameras: ASI071 and ASI1600
follow softwares newest version required
SharpCap V2.8.2325 and up
Firecapture V2.5.03 and up
- Fast shipping: we will choose DHL, UPS, TNT, EMS etc to deliver it. Usually you will get your package in one week. We provide free fast shipping for order above $300 or charge extra $20 for order below $300.
- Free air mail shipping: we will ship via DGM or China Post Registered Air Mail. It usually costs 2-3 weeks to reach US or Europe and costs 3-4 weeks to reach far places.
- Customers from Brazil and Chile should leave a message to provide your CPF or CNPJ as your custom needs it.
- Customers from Russia need to provide the name of your company.
China air mail: http://www.17track.net/en
- The price list on our website is USD without tax.
- Please note that buyers areliable to pay tax involved, such as Import tax, VAT , customs handling fee, etc. The additional fees may be collected at time of delivery by courier.
- For best local service we advise customers buy our cameras form local dealers.
Warranty and Return Policy
- We provide 2-year warranty for our products, we will offer the repair service for free or replace for free if the camera doesn’t work within warranty period. After the warranty period, we will continue to provide repair support and service on a charged basis.
- This warranty does not apply to damage that occurred as a result of abuse or misuse, or caused by a fall or any other transportation failures after purchase.
- Customer must pay for shipping when shipping the camera back for repair or replacement
- If you get a faulty camera, please contact us as soon as possible though email: email@example.com. Please describe the problem in detail and we will do our best to help you solve the problem. Most instances perceived problems are simply bad driver install or software configuration.
- For customers who bought the camera from our dealer, dealer is responsible for the customer service for you.