we always got feedback from the customer that the camera cannot cool to the advertised temperature
Here may be the reason the camera cannot cool so much
- Misunderstanding: 30 delta degree means 30 degrees below ambient instead of -30 C
- Make sure you plug in the 12V DC power supply and the LED is on which mean there is power.
- Make sure the 12v power supply can provide enough power for cooler, we recommend 12V @3A and up, such as 12V@5A is ok too.
- The sensor emits more heat when run video streaming mode, so cooler cannot cool it so deeply, you can cool it deeper with long exposure mode.
- The cooler runs effectively in summer than winter, so if it’s already 0 degree, the camera maybe can only cool to -20 degrees.
- If you use ASI071, ASI094, or ASI128 cameras, you can turn off the anti-dew function to maximize cooling capability.
Would you recommend to turn on the anti-dew option in the native driver for ASI 2600mm and 6200mm ?
Thanks for reply and all the best.
It depends on your working environment.